Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #1

hello from a long time pentax shooter

finally posting on here for the first time after lurking, but here's a little run down on my history.

Started with a Pentax K100d that i bought back in high school in 2006 or 2007 (cant remember, but it was right after the k100d S came out and right before the k200d.

then i moved to a sony a65 for a bit, and after realizing i loved my pentax much more, im getting back on the Penwagon.

I recently got a free Optio S6 from a customer at my store (salesman at Creve Coeur Camera in the St. Louis, MO. area) and the lens on this old camera is so sharp and nice, which made me miss my k100d.

ill be getting my 100d back soon, but when i get enough money together i am going to upgrade to a K3 body and use my old lenses from my K1000 on it, which i love since I mainly shoot with fixed focal length prime lenses with manual focus.

currently have the stock 18-55mm lens my 100d kit came with, but mainly use the aforementioned old lenses (a 28mm f2.8 and 50mm f2) but plan on getting the super quiet lovely 18-135mm WR after i purchase the K3 body, then I think ill be content for a while.

i would get a K5 IIs with the massive instant rebates, but the K3's built in usb 3.0 port, front and back IR sensors, and dual SD card slots, plus over 20MP sensor have me waiting til i can get enough money for the 3. I personally can't wait til I get my hands on it.

I play with it on the daily and take the K50 out shooting pretty often, and I'm more than elated to say the least that Pentax and Ricoh are starting to make good choices again, and I can't see them going down hill anytime soon, although i had my doubts back when the K30 had just come out.

anyway, I have a decent portfolio put together and look forward to sharing with this great community and offering whatever expertice I can to help others in a similar situation as myself.

I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship

12-07-2013, 12:26 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and "bonjour" from France, tkellgren ... enjoy the K-3 and hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
12-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums
12-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, no you've no need to lurk any more, enjoy that K-3 once you get your hands on her.

12-08-2013, 01:09 AM   #5

Original Poster
oh ive had my hands all over her, i take her home at least a couple times a month. perks of working at a camera store.

personally i like going to bars and taking photos of hot girls then getting their numbers/facebook info so i can "send them the pictures"
12-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tkellgren Quote
photos of hot girls then getting their numbers/facebook info
Interesting meet and greet technique, buy hey as long as it works.
« newbie | new user »