Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New Member And New To Film Photography

Hello. My name is Todd. I am from Iowa. I just recently bought a Pentax K1000SE. I am mainly a Canon shooter but I bought this camera because it was cheap and I have heard some good things about the K1000. I am a self-taught photographer. My first camera first two cameras were the Canon Rebel EOS Rebel XSi, and the Canon EOS 20D. I bought my first 35mm camera (the Canon EOS Elan IIe) on Craigslist and like I said, I just recently bought the Pentax. I am trying to learn film photography. I got into photography in 2008. The only film cameras that I used back during the eighties when I was a kid were either the disposable point-and-shoot cameras or the Polaroid cameras where the picture comes out right away. I am not very experienced at shooting film so any helpful tips or advice about shooting film would be greatly appreciated.

12-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that K1000 and let us know how you get on.
12-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome indeed, and if you haven't found it already, there's plenty to search through in the Forums, relevant to film, starting with this link. Enjoy your time with us.
12-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome and thanks for the intro! There are still a lot of film shooters here, so there shouldn't be any problems getting some advice.

12-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I just started shooting film as well. My venture began while waiting for a K-5IIs to return from service.

Check out my Flickr page to see results from my first roll of expired Fuji color 24 that I bought from Walmart 10 years ago.
12-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome from your home state!! Another Iowan!! yeah!! Where you at? I got a K1000 too! Great camera, makes you learn all the basics! Unfortunately for me it doesn't get out much anymore! With digital I can bang away like a highly caffeinated chimp and not pay a dime!
Joel
12-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and "bonjour" from France, photographyguy74... enjoy the forum and the K1000 SE; I have a second K1000 on the way ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J

12-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
'm originally from Clinton but I'm living in Davenport right now. I'm hoping to get out and some winter landscape pictures but I'm a pansy and I've been waiting for it to warm up some. I think that if I have the money, I'd like to pick up a second K1000 and maybe a lens or two.