Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #1

New and Near Philadelphia

Hello All,

Just became one of the many who jumped on the black friday / cyber monday deal on the K5 II. I have been borrowing the more basic K100 D and to date have been enjoying the new rig! There is quite a bit to learn, but I think at this point in my education it's time to start with more hands on lessons.

Photography for me is about documentation and as such I'll be bringing the new gear to family events, taking portraits as well as landscape/city shots when I travel or get bored.

(Also posting to get my post count up so I can prove to the higher ups that I'm not a spam-bot )

12-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. That is a pretty good jump from a 100D to a 5II
12-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! The K5ii should give you lots of room for growth. The bad part is not having the opportunity to blame the camera
12-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

welcome to the forum, I miss my K100D. ALthough I have to say, going back and looking at the images I took with it, it's not a K-5 series camera in IQ.

QuoteOriginally posted by EWST Quote
Hello All,

Just became one of the many who jumped on the black friday / cyber monday deal on the K5 II. I have been borrowing the more basic K100 D and to date have been enjoying the new rig! There is quite a bit to learn, but I think at this point in my education it's time to start with more hands on lessons.

Photography for me is about documentation and as such I'll be bringing the new gear to family events, taking portraits as well as landscape/city shots when I travel or get bored.

(Also posting to get my post count up so I can prove to the higher ups that I'm not a spam-bot )
That's what all the spambots say.

12-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #5

Original Poster
I'm certainly looking forward to learning/testing the new features and such. While I can certainly borrow lenses, I'm also looking forward to gradually growing the line-up. First one was a splurge and is waiting to ship. Now, I'm looking to lower the average price paid per lens as there are some really great bang for the buck ones out there!

First Lens: HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 Limited DC WR Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
12-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! A lot people jumped on that fantastic sale!! Glad you were one of them!! Enjoy that camera and don't be shy about posting comments or photos!!
Joel
12-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you must also remember to enjoy your photography too.

12-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and "bonjour" from France, EWST ... enjoy the forum and the K-5II ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
01-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #9

Original Poster
Still learning a lot, especially with two other lenses (Macros) I picked up. For a beginner like myself, downloading a pdf copy of the manual on my phone proved to be very useful.

Here's a few photos I took with the camera.
http://oldmanpeters.smugmug.com/Animals/Pets/i-bccg5XZ/0/X2/B%26W%20Paw-X2.jpg

http://oldmanpeters.smugmug.com/K5ii-Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous/i-2Bg4gzV/0/XL/IMGP8449-XL.jpg
http://oldmanpeters.smugmug.com/K5ii-Miscellaneous/Pentax-2040-F284/i-PSNVqb...MGP7341-XL.jpg
http://oldmanpeters.smugmug.com/K5ii-Miscellaneous/Pentax-2040-F284/i-4RcthR...MGP7345-XL.jpg

Last edited by EWST; 01-26-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: more links
01-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EWST Quote
photos I took with the camera
I'm only seeing one, but the dogs paw is good, I like it.