Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is London Calling

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Cor blimely guv. I've been lurking for a while but have just signed up. Initially to post a little feedback on the new 20-40mm but who knows in the future. Mainly a street shooter I've also done some wildlife, a wedding, some portrait work and commercial promotional materials in the past. Favorite photog : colour me Alex Webb with a side order of William Eggleston. Have been shooting Pentax through the K200 through, K7 to K5. I've also played around with an ME Super and have an ongoing project to fix up an MX.

Hi everyone, hope your all having a good evening, morning, afternoon (dependent on time-zone). Thanks to all those active posters who have unknowingly given me such great information and insight in the past - high fives.

12-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dude Quote
Thanks to all those active posters who have unknowingly given me such great information and insight in the past
Welcome aboard, I'd like to think that I might have been one of those folk, but I know in my heart that was highly unlikely.
12-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A London dude? Now, there's a culturally mixed greeting, if ever I heard one! Welcome to Pentax Forums (officially, obviously, as you've been looking for a fair while, already). Just be wary of kerrowdown, as his style of street shooting can turn an incautious head, from time to time.
12-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi kerrowdown and RobA_Oz and many thanks for the warm welcome. There is some great quality shooting here that's for sure. Hopefully I can contribute a little from my end once I get up and running.

Dude:

1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.
3. Slang
a. A man; a fellow.
b. dudes Persons of either sex.

So I guess I fall in to 3.a here (need to buy some new threads). I used to live in west London but not on a ranch. On the flipside I did spend a little of my (mis)spent youth backpacking way back in the day and The Big Lebowski is a damn fine film

12-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and "bonjour" from France, dude ... enjoy the forum and hope to see an image or two soon ... and I just bought a lot with a MX and a ME Super plus another K1000; hope they come in "good" ... Salut, J

12-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bonjour Jean Poitiers and many thanks for the welcome. The ME Super is indeed a fine camera. Stick it in AUTO and you've got aperture priority. The viewfinder has a great size to brightness trade off and the body has good, solid, and simple ergonomics. What's not to like .
12-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dude Quote
Bonjour Jean Poitiers and many thanks for the welcome. The ME Super is indeed a fine camera. Stick it in AUTO and you've got aperture priority. The viewfinder has a great size to brightness trade off and the body has good, solid, and simple ergonomics. What's not to like .
Thanks ... I'll let you know what mine's like when it arrives ... it was mailed today and I hate waits like this - see : LOT DE 4 Boitiers Pentax K Objectifs | eBay

Later, J

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 12-09-2013 at 04:53 PM.
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
ME Super-londres says Hi. I have noticed that back in the early 80's folks tended to leave the stickers on - kinda like it myself
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
12-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Just be wary of kerrowdown, as his style of street shooting can turn an incautious head, from time to time
Is that a compliment of sorts?
12-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Some pics from Rome a couple of years ago

Lots of work to do my end on the curation side. Given it's not going to get sorted any time soon thought I'd grab an old series of shots to say Hi (could benefit from some modern PP methinks and they are tighter shots than I tend to shoot these days).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Last edited by dude; 12-09-2013 at 06:09 PM.
12-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Is that a compliment of sorts?
You can ask that, after Bazooka Betty?