Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New K-5 user in Kazakhstan

HI, I'm on assignment in Kazakhstan where Pentax is not a known name except perhaps by a few photographers in this developing country, with new developing markets.
This is my first DSLR; had a Nikon SLR many years back since college but negatives started to drag when advancing -getting a visible scratch and electronics stopped working correctly several years ago. Switched to a digital compact for some years and finally invested in a K-5 close to a month ago, unfortunately could not wait for recent holiday sales or would miss getting it brought here before Christmas. Now saving for faster wide and telephotos lenses to capture life of the family and the surroundings of this land and its cultures. Will make the most of the 18-55 for now as pay for our volunteer work is not much.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
12-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, the 18-55 will suffice for now, I'm sure. Is it the WR version (looking at all the snow).
12-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi Bob, welcome to the Forum. Congrats on your K5, great camera, hope you will share some shots from your amazing location.
12-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob O Quote
not a known name except perhaps by a few photographers
Welcome to the forum, I think that's the case worldwide, that's what makes all of us so special.

12-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #5

Original Poster
WR on camera and lenses was a big factor that drew my attention to Pentax, it is very dusty here most of the year but can rain hard at very cold in the winter.