Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #1

Hello everyone

Hello everyone,
I am new here but I have used this forums database for quite a while. I used to own a canon 60D+18135 for a year but it was stollen by the air attendant by UA. After one year's experience and understanding with Canon SLR. I start to plan my SLR road map.(Maybe it can be called a hardware road map ) Finally I decide to just stay in APS-C because I think APS-F cameras may cost me more. In order to confine me in the APS-C world, I choose Pentax. However, it seems it cost me more in the Pentax, but I don't regret. Pentax brings me a different feeling about taking pictures with SLR's. Saturated color, good sensor, better IQ than Canon, Nikon's APS-C cameras. My first pentax is K-5 and it gives me a deep impression on the pictures. I have used this for a year and have taken quite a few pictures with my FA43. Then, this year, k-3 is pronounced and I immediately get one from BH on Nov.2. Some may say why you change your camera so fast? The reason is just I wish to get a better IQ so I don't need to edit the photos a lot. I am very poor at editing the photo and I am still on the level of adjusting the contrast, brightness and saturation. BUT, the K-3 shocked me with the absurdity design and relatively poorer IQ than K-5ii(reviewed by myself and a bunch of my photography friends).(I may post a seperate post about the review on K-3. There may not be sample pictures because it has been a long time and those picture disatisfied me.) I tried to persuade myself it should be a better camera because it is newly pronounced and the advertisement looks so attractive. After 2 weeks, finally, I returned it and get my k-5ii. Now I am very satisfied with my K-5ii and fall in love with it. That is the real pentax quality (that is what I think.)

12-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hopefully you've now got the right camera for you, enjoy.