Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #1

Hello! From Romeo Bravo

Hello, Pentaxians! I'm Romeo Bravo, living in Orange County. My joy for photography has always been present, but began to flourish in High School. In my last year I was a photographer for the school's newspaper, and through that I became aware of how much I enjoyed photographing people. Especially moments that we are all equal in; eating, entering a cab, going to class, all these and more moments where an inherent beauty presents itself. After that, where I was using an advanced point-and-shoot from Panasonic, I got my first "real" camera: the K-x with two kit lenses. As I became more and more interested in the art, I took a class at a local Community College and fell in love with black and white film. Before the course had been finished I went to a local thrift store and found a Pentax ME with a 50mm f/1.7. Unfortunately, not much longer found me in a "funk", and I've been in a state of stagnation until a recent trip to Paris. Of course I brought the K-x, and fell back into my groove with it (except for the part where I locked the ISO at 200. I felt like such a dope!), not to mention falling in love with the city. Where else but the birthplace of photography the, cradle and Mecca of art. And even more recently came the early Christmas gift of the K-3 and a 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6. She is an absolute beauty, an extension of my body and spirit, the tool meant to be used by the soul! So with my photographic autobiography finished, I am looking forward to learning and improving from you all, as well as try my hand at winning a competition or two!

-Romeo

12-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, looking forward to your contributions. If you are in SoCal join the California users group.
I will try to organize a meetup some time early in the new year.
12-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!
12-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! I like the enthusiasm you have!!! New K-3? Feeling a bit jealous, but I'll get over it! Enjoy it and show us your results!!
Joel

12-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Welcome from Iowa! I like the enthusiasm you have!!! New K-3? Feeling a bit jealous, but I'll get over it! Enjoy it and show us your results!!
Joel
Thanks Joel! Maybe I shouldn't mention that it's the Silver Edition, then? And I can't wait to show off what I've captured, assuming I am not out of my league here.
12-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Romeo Bravo Quote
Thanks Joel! Maybe I shouldn't mention that it's the Silver Edition, then? And I can't wait to show off what I've captured, assuming I am not out of my league here.
Ooohhh, shiny!!!!! Don't worry about fitting in, they haven't thrown me out yet, and I deserve it!!
12-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, I hope you can find what your looking for in these pages.