Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #1

Hi There!!

Hi--My Name is Mike Banks. I have been a snapper for about s8ixty years and a Pentax user for about forty of those years--but I think the camera was called a Tower in those early days. I still have a Pentax with the clip on Seiko meter--and a few Spotmatics, a Pentax ProgramA and Z70. I think I may have others too--but they would be a Spotmatic F--and I have a series of lenses for the Spotmatics pretty well in mint condition all screw mounts--and a couple of them are the SMC lenses. I bought them as a back-up system for my Nikon F which I still own--with the Photomic finder. These were of legendary reliability--mainly because I never used a motor drive on the camera. I have lenses for this one too--but I fear the days of film are about over for the miniature 35mm camera. I still like to use them--I think limiting one to thirty-six exposures makes one a better snapper.

I am having some dramas with the more electronic cameras. Not so reliable as the old ones--

Hope you are all having as much fun with film as I still am--whenever I can get out and do some snapping. I still like monochrome--but my Agfapan 25 and Kodachromes are no more. Ilford is still there--for now. No Promicrol any more--(collapses sobbing)

Best wishes--Mike Banks

12-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Mike, enjoy the forums, and post some pics! You're lucky, where I live, the nearest place to buy and have film developed, is about 200 miles, so I gave up on it
12-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Yes film is fading away. But it is not dead yet! You will find good company with other film fans here. In fact my daughter is giving it a go too. So there is hope yet! Also your experience will be a good asset to the forum!
Joel
12-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good day mate and welcome to the forums

12-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello, Mike, and welcome to the Forums. You join a considerable and growing band of Aussies here.

I'm about ten years behind you in photographic experience, but we're about level pegging on Pentax usage. Don't worry about the new DSLRs. Pentaxes are built better than most others, although they're not perfect and damn-near impossible to fix when they go wrong in the electronics department. Nonetheless, we have at least one member with over 100,000 shots on one body, so we can't say they're really all that unreliable.

Enjoy your time here. You will have a lot to contribute from your experience.
12-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, a forty year man eh, I know where to come with all my questions now, as you have ten years more Pentax experience that me.