Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

a big hello from the tropics ...

Hi everybody,

New to the Pentax Forum and new to DSLR although I have been avidly reading the threads since I bought my K10D at the end of January. 6,000 photos later, I no longer drink beer but photograph it ! In fact, I think I am verging on obsession and am loving every minute of it ) Every penny I have saved has gone on lenses and every spare minute has gone into learning to get something out of them and you guys on here have been a real help - so thanks. I am looking forward to being part of the Pentax community and, one day, being able to help other newbies to work out which buttons to press for what ....

All my hard work has been geared up for a trip to India and Nepal in 9 days time and I am just so hoping it has paid off and I won't come back with a stack of over or underexposed blurs - only time will tell.

Cheers
Isi

04-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, that's great Isi.
Be sure to post some of your pics from those beautiful parts of the world!
04-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Ash, will try. To be fair I am getting a little scared that my precious camera won't make it back in one piece but then I guess that's the risk I take - the thought of leaving it behind because I don't want it to be stolen and not getting those shots is a lot worse than having to start from scratch re-building the kit. Anyway - I will see what I can do ....
04-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I know exactly how you feel, and yes after buying a K10D just barely three weeks and 1800 pictures ago, my lifestyle has changed. I bring it with me to the Uni every day and use it whenever I can. Also planning some vacation abroad and I haven't even thought of not bringing my precious K10D with me.
Looking foward to seeing what our camera can do in a newbies' hands abroad!

04-11-2008, 03:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey. Photography is great and Pentax K10D is a good camera but stop drinking beer! That is not on. A partly empty beer bottle with drops of condensation slowly running down the side is a great object to shoot. All in moderation including photography.

Cheers

Eddie