Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

G'day from the Great Ocean Road, Australia

Hi all,

Just purchased my K10D as the prices dropped. Have the kit lens, and a nice older SMC A1:3.5 35-105mm zoom swapped for a bottle of wine.

I've been playing with a point and shoot for far too long, so the chance to get a digital SLR was too much to pass up on. The choice of body was an easy one, sealed body, a cheap good manual lens only a bottle away and the glowing reviews of the K10 where just to much to pass up on.

I like the thought of the sealed body and eventually a D* lens as my photography includes situations where there are plenty of airborne particulates of all sorts.

A nice sunny day and a small control burn in a forest give plenty of opportunity to get creative, albeit with a lung full of smoke:

04-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #2
krs
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A lens for a bottle of wine - it was either an outstanding bottle or a great deal!

Neat picture!

Welcome to the forum!
04-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome!

Been off burning and trying out my skills in the smoke again.

D.
04-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
Thanks for the welcome!

Been off burning and trying out my skills in the smoke again.

D.

There's been quite a lot of smoke out where I am atm - the Bendigo/Castlemaine/Taradale region. I wonder if it's from the same burn-offs. By the way, great photo.

04-18-2008, 02:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Welcome to you Eruntalon as well.

We burnt some more ground during the week, I'd say that our smoke plume would have joined the others heading your way. Makes for great sunsets.

And if you wanted a few shots of smoke yourself come down to Lorne on Sunday. We have burns planned just out the back, with ignition around 1200 or so.

Here is another shot taken this week. We extended a previously burnt a block that had a fair amount of leaf scorch (freezes the leaves in the gums). The result was a rather odd looking Australian bush with fire in the background.

I've got a few more burn images up on Flickr: Photos & Video from miniopterus

04-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow, all the nice shots so tyical of victoria landscape.

You just remind me to travel down to otway ranges again
04-18-2008, 05:34 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome both of you. That's a great shot Dale. What was the reason for the burn?

You should both add your names to roentarre's thread here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/20588-aussie-sign-up-here-too.html

The AU group is getting big enough to have a big field trip, meet and greet.
04-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Hi all, I have just ordered a K10D with a Pentax 18-55 lens. I live in Hervey Bay, Queensland and hope to broaden my photographic skills through this forum.

04-20-2008, 01:30 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello to both Victorians. I like your burn shots Dale.
I have family, (daughter, hubby, and grandkids) at other end of Great Ocean Road, in Warrnambool.
Visit down that way a fair bit (maybe not so much lately)
Nice to have you on board.