Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #1

Hello from North Carolina

Had a Canon Rebel T1I with a Sigma 17-70 a few years ago but it was stolen, trying to get back into the game. Currently work for an advertising agency (serving automotive dealer groups) developing and managing websites, ad design, display ads, search ads, SEO, etc - and I'm looking to do some photography projects on the weekends.

Name is Cory, nice to meet everyone.

12-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #2

Original Poster
Why am I on here, more specifically: I saw some cameras for sale that I'm interested in on the buy/sell area. Looking to get my hands on a K-5 or K-30, unfortunately tight budget is the driving factor.

I'm mainly looking to do professional portrait style work as well as some real estate photography, so I figure on top of the K-5/K-30 I get my hands on, I'll be looking for a lower mm lens, possibly a wide angle lens - again it's unfortunately driven by tight budgets so can't be choosy yet.

I'll openly accept any advice on best practices/equipment for business portraiture & real estate/architectural work.

Thank you, everyone.
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums Cory
12-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Looks like big sale this week, ad is on the forum front page!!! Good time to be looking!! also many fine used ones out there. Not sure which would be best. If I had the chance I would go K-500 or K-50. I just like the insert you can get that will use AA batteries. Mine uses AA's and more than once I have saved embarrassment by pulling batteries out of my bounce flash!! You can also save money by using manual glass. Great quality at good prices!! Of course once LBA gets a hold of you, your doomed!!! Hope this helps.
Peace,
Joel

12-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, well just sit back and hang on, there will no doubt truck loads of advice coming your way shortly.

If not, perhaps post a more specific type of question in the appropriate section here on the forum, this may yield you better results.
« Hello | New member »