Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #1

Greetings from Indonesia

Hi All,

My name is Suwandi Chandra from Indonesia. Been in photography from year 2007. Started out in Des Moines, Iowa for 5 years. And now back to my home country Indonesia doing Photography. Just got my Pentax K-3 to complete my K10D and K-7, really a great camera there. I'm extremely glad I got K-3. Never been happy like this before. If you are still thinking whether or not to get K-3, just don't wait anymore, you will love it for sure. Fast and sharp as long as you have good lenses.

Besides Pentax I normally use my iPhone 4S too, got several photos from iPhone published in several inflight Magazines too.

And get new job to do photoshoot for local JW Marriott Hotel for their festive season promotion about Kids Jumping on the Bed here (All using Pentax K-3):
Festive Season JW Marriott

Here are some from my recent trip to Singapore:

For more of my work please visit my portfolio website here:
Nature | Landscape
Urban Landscape
Still Life

From my old collections:

Hope you enjoy it.
Comments are always welcome and appreciate.
Merry Christmas and Happy new Year All!

12-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
These are some great shots. I wish I could take some shots like this.
12-23-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
SCP

Original Poster
Thank You photographyguy74.
I hope it's not too cold up there in Iowa now. Stay warm though.
I missed Iowa though, but not the winter sorry .
12-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Selamat datang, Suwandi. Nice shots and welcome to the forums, looking forward to see more pictures from you.

12-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #5
SCP

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
Selamat datang, Suwandi. Nice shots and welcome to the forums, looking forward to see more pictures from you.
Hahaha, that's a great Indonesian Language there my friend. Thanks for welcoming. Will definitely post more photos, since I have Bunaken trip coming up this Christmas .
12-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SCP Quote
Thank You photographyguy74.
I hope it's not too cold up there in Iowa now. Stay warm though.
I missed Iowa though, but not the winter sorry .
Right now, it's five below zero and with windchill, it is twenty-two below. I'm ready for spring already.
12-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
SCP

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photographyguy74 Quote
Right now, it's five below zero and with windchill, it is twenty-two below. I'm ready for spring already.
I see, yeah stay warm man, but at least Iowa almost always have white christmas which is great for taking pictures .
This one from around Christmas in Des Moines downtown:
12-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

It's definitely going to be a white Christmas. That's an awesome pic. I shot winter scenes with my K1000SE but I won't know how they turned out until I get the film developed.

12-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
SCP

Original Poster
It's definitely going to be a white Christmas. That's an awesome pic. I shot winter scenes with my K1000SE but I won't know how they turned out until I get the film developed.
Ah, I see, you are using film. I guess the best will be using gray card to make sure correct exposure of white snow color . I couldn't imagine myself using Film now since Digital really make me take everything for granted especially the instant preview and can redo again if anything wrong with the previous photo.
12-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I started on digital but one day, I saw that someone was selling a Canon 35mm camera so I ended up purchasing that then a couple of weeks later, someone else was selling a Pentax K1000SE so I picked that up as well. I'm trying to learn film photography.
12-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
SCP

Original Poster
I started on digital but one day, I saw that someone was selling a Canon 35mm camera so I ended up purchasing that then a couple of weeks later, someone else was selling a Pentax K1000SE so I picked that up as well. I'm trying to learn film photography.
Ok, cool, I guess film photography is all about correct exposure. Anyway Happy Holiday! 2 more days
12-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Welcome!! Des Moines!!!! Yeah!!! Nice shot of the Capital building!! It's cool you posted a shot on a spot I've stood!!! Your other photos are fantastic!!! I can tell why you wanted to return home!! Well that and its -28c this morning! Did you ever get to Zombie Burger?? (my kids favorite)
Small world after all!
Joel
12-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #13
SCP

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Welcome!! Des Moines!!!! Yeah!!! Nice shot of the Capital building!! It's cool you posted a shot on a spot I've stood!!! Your other photos are fantastic!!! I can tell why you wanted to return home!! Well that and its -28c this morning! Did you ever get to Zombie Burger?? (my kids favorite)
Small world after all!
Joel
Thanks Joel! Don't say that man, I still miss Iowa, farmers market (Great for street photography and of course the food, corn), the people. I only hate the snow because have to wake up early and scrap them from my car before going to work . I just back from Iowa this past summer.
Never tried the Zombie Burger though, hopefully I have a chance one day .
Yup small world!!!

Cheers and Stay Warm
12-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Maybe you can get back for the fair! Everything on a stick!!! Yum! Glad you liked the place, I'm partial to it! Even with the snow!
Peace,
Joel
12-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #15
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard you have some great images there, congratulations on the Marriott Hotel gig, that could potentially lead to all sorts of things.