Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #1

Seasons Greetings and Hello

Hi All,

I'm Jeff and I'm brand new to dslrs and the forum. I received a K-5 II as a Christmas gift just before B&H discontinued carrying them. I'm pretty happy with it though. My only lens is the weather resistant 18-135mm zoom. While I haven't done much yet off full auto, the images I've been able to capture here in Western North Carolina are great. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you. Merry Christmas.

Jeff

12-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff_k-5II Quote
Seasons Greetings
Welcome and the same to you too, an early Christmas present eh, how did you persuade Santa to come to you early.
12-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi kerrowdown, It took a long time and a carefully orchestrated strategy of hint dropping. Actually, the year long campaign gave me enough time to research Pentax and all of its competition. DPreview and Snapsort were invaluable, but I looked at everything I could find on the net.
12-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff_k-5II Quote
carefully orchestrated strategy of hint dropping. Actually, the year long campaign
We need to get you on the strategic planning committee... well if we had one here we would.

12-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Strategic planning...I could use some of that. Oh wait...I don't like to plan things.