Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #1

Long time Pentax user

i entered the Pentax world with an SF10 in the late 80's. I never used a fully manual focus SLR camera but wnated to upgrade my point and shoot film cameras to the "new" auto focus SLR cameras. I researched many cameras and narrowed down to Canon and Pentax. I went with the Pentax for its value but stuck with the brand due to my success with the equipment and the functionality.

I still have theSFf10. I upgraded to an ist DL and sold it to get my current K100D Super. I have always liked the quality of the images I have gotten with Pentax. I once read a review that stated that Pentax does not usually "blow you away" with any single aspect of their cameras but when looking at the overall feratures and functionality, they make excellent equipment. I suppose I agree with that since I have been a user for so long.

With my kids grown up and their lives recorded through Pentax lenses and the video equipment of other manufacturers, I am considering the sale of at least some of my gear. However, some of it feels like old friends!

The is all for the intro. If I do get moved to looking for homes of my Pentax lenses and other stuff, you will be seeing ads in the Buy/sell section.

12-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board with us.
12-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, many here have also recorded the families of the years with Pentax.