Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #1

Hello from Australia

Hi EveryoneJust bought a second hand Pentax K-r and I'm completely new to Pentax & photography (except point & shoot). I got the K-r becuase my daughter suggested it was best since my wife had an old K1000 with some lenses that are compatible with the K-r. I'm a beginner so I won't be sharing my wisdom unless you feel it's important for a beginner mind to comment. I have a blog and on it I have posted photos I took with my old instamatic that I kinda "enhanced" with photoshop. Here's the link if you are interested 4 days to freeze Mubarak’s billions! | Journeys and Star Gazing looking forward to engaging with you and learning from you.all the best stavros

12-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good day mate and welcome to the forum
12-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi stavros, welcome to Forum you will find and get plenty of advise here.
Always nice to have another Aussie on board.
12-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, there always seems to be room for just one more Aussie in here, oh and btw it's your round at the bar.

12-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hello from Australia

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, there always seems to be room for just one more Aussie in here, oh and btw it's your round at the bar.

Was in Brisbane, Australia, for a quick business trip a short while back.

Didn't dare go into any bars, even on my nights off: they all had a sign outside reading "Pokies and Poles"....so I figure that being in a bar with Aussies involves being poked with (hopefully not too pointy) poles. That's a *little* outside of my comfort zone, and a *lot* away from being my idea of a good way to wind down after a hard day....

I'll let the Kerrowdown pop off with our new Aussie friend on the forum (welcome) and report back. The Kerrowdown's kind have interesting bar-habits also, and so he might just be the man to sort this out.

Don't forget that we *love* to see pictures here, and that Australia is a spectacular country that most of us long to spend time in, so no excuses for sharing....