Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2013, 07:49 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Nostalgic Pentax "Filmer" Takes The Leap

Hi, I'm Dave. When I was a kid my mom got me a Pentax K1000. I took photography lessons at the local art museum. The best part was the course included a developing lab. I would take photos here and there but when I moved to NYC I really could not help myself. I made a little extra money taking friends' headshots and working at Spectra Photo in the East Village. My K1000 has since bit the dust and I now live in Columbus, OH. I am really needing a hobby to help with the doldrums of quiet life. I have just purchased a K50 and am enthusiastically awaiting my toy like a little kid.

12-30-2013, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. When you get confused by all the buttons and menus, there are a zillion members here who will leap to your assistance. Not me, though, I'm still using a K10D.
12-30-2013, 11:43 PM - 1 Like   #3

Hi Dave,

Count yourself lucky to have worked on film,I think it gives you a very special feel for photography,especially if you learned to work in the darkroom.

You can spot film a mile away it's so soft and natural,as a-posed to the hard colder edged digital.

I love playing games with dinner guests,putting the same song of an Album on CD and the record player, then starting them at the exact same time.switching the Amp back and forth,people are shocked at the softness of the analogue sound compared to the digital.

Anyway welcome!
12-31-2013, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #4

Welcome to the post!

12-31-2013, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, and nice gallery photos.
01-01-2014, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DLX NYC Quote
The best part was the course included a developing lab
Welcome to the forum, nowadays PP is done in the light, using the likes of Photoshop. There are plenty a courses around to learn that software, so knock yourself out if that's your thing.