Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2013, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from South of China

This is Lok from Guangdong province, the South of China. Hello to everyone. I am glad to be a Pentaxian at the end of 2013. ( A special monent )

I had my first DSLR in 2008, it was Nikkon D50, which still is in service by my family. I bought Pentax K-5 in 2012 Oct. my initial choice is Canon, but after the photograph taken by Pentax came to my attention, then I made a firm and final decision to become an member of Pentax users. My poor English may not describe the characteristic of Pentax correctly, in my word, it is silky, rich color.

I have DA 16 45 F4.0, DA 40 XS, and A 70 210 F4.0 Recently. Recently, I have found a A series Lens, A 35 105 F3.5, it is really sharp. Even it is a little bit heavy, but i am confident i can handle it. I am studying the Lightroom and Silkypix. I would prefer SP more than LR, but i am still not familiar with SP.

I hope to learn more about the photograph and Pentax here. I would like to enjoy it and share what I feel with Pentaxian as well.

Happy new year.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
12-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your first image is beautiful...... amazing. I also have a SMC-A 35-105mm f/3,5. It is an outstanding piece of glass indeed.
Keep shooting and post your pictures.
P.
12-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wonder images! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!
01-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, there's lots of good Pentax legacy glass out there for you to choose from, enjoy.

01-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Petrus_One Quote
Your first image is beautiful...... amazing. I also have a SMC-A 35-105mm f/3,5. It is an outstanding piece of glass indeed.
Keep shooting and post your pictures.
P.
Thanks for your welcome message. You encouraged me a good starting here. SMC-A 35-105mm F/3.5, i like the performance of this glass in low light. I also regard this is the one of the advantage of it, and the legacy series Pentax glasses as well. The macro with the whole zoom length is also lovely.
01-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Wonder images! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!
Thanks for Boris' welcome message and your encourage as well.
01-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, there's lots of good Pentax legacy glass out there for you to choose from, enjoy.
Wow, you own the rare family of the SMC series lenses. I believe more I am familiar with the Pentax legacy lenses (starting with A mount, M mount, then to K mount), more i will enjoy it. Thanks for your welcome message, too.

01-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A late welcome. I enjoyed a visit to Guanzhou in 2012.

01-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #9

Welcome!
WOW!!! Beautiful pictures. I hope some day to capture some of this impressive quality and what dadipentak shared. Heck, I'd be happy with half of that. Your English is very good!
Cheers,
Kirk
01-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
A late welcome. I enjoyed a visit to Guanzhou in 2012.
Better late than never, nice meet you. My city is about 80 KM away from Guangzhou, but both you and me ever stood the exactly same place with the same view.
01-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kirkmahr Quote
Welcome!
WOW!!! Beautiful pictures. I hope some day to capture some of this impressive quality and what dadipentak shared. Heck, I'd be happy with half of that. Your English is very good!
Cheers,
Kirk
Hello, Kirk, nice to meet you, and thanks for your warm welcome message, too. I am sure every Pentaxian here will capture what they are eager to capture some day in the future.
01-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the best things about this forum is that it gives me a look at a world I would otherwise never see. Welcome aboard! And your English is very good!
01-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the Forum

Welcome. I am sure you will find the forum an excellent source of information and courteous , helpful assistance. I have travelled China from north to south with Pentax K-1000 (Sears clone) in hand--Beijing, Wuhan, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Guandong Province. I had a very memorable train ride, about 2 days, from Beijing all the way to Guangzhou.

I look forward to many images from your lovely country.