Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #1

Greetings from Houston

Greetings:

I have a Pen. K1000 which I bought a year or so ago to replaced the one I fell in love with years ago, then lost. I'm a hist. mjr at Univ. of Houston and so shoot when I have free time. (breaks and Summers) I remember my Pentax fondly and took it everywhere, it seemed. When I got the replacement one recently, I took it with me as I was roaming around and some guy in a shop I visited asked, "Hey what kind of camera is that?" I told him, and then it donned on me how odd that question was because when I had my last Pentax before, in the 1980s, everyone knew what it was. My how times change. I also have a Kodak Retina Reflex IV which was given to me as a gift which has spent most of its life unused but seems in very nice shape. I will sending it off soon to New Zealand for a through inspection and cleaning. The Pentax came with a Ozunon 28-70 lens f 3.8-4.8, which seems to work well, and gets good reviews from what little I've been able to find about it. I also have a Kiron 28-85 f 2.8-3.8 macro zoom which does a nice job. I will be happy to post images as I reacquaint myself with my old friend, as well as images as I begin working with the Kodak Retina. For everyday stuff I use my Olympus Camedia C-765 which is good for simple stuff, but I am much fonder of my SLRs. I'm sure I'll be posting questions as well and am sure there are those with far more experience than me who will be able to help me along.

Kind regards,

A. Colvin
ajcolvin@uh.edu

01-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax forums.
01-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Hi A. Welcome to the forum.
01-05-2014, 03:18 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by acolvin Quote
I will sending it off soon to New Zealand for a through inspection and cleaning
Welcome to the forum, surely there's got to be a Kodak camera guy nearer to Houston than New Zealand.