Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #1

Hello also from South Florida

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but have spent most of my time on the DPReview Forum. I'm not new to Pentax as I've used a K10D since it was introduced.
I love the K10D and have been successful in taking some very good photos. However, it was time for me to upgrade, and I'm the proud owner of the new Pentax K3.
It's a great camera, and like a lot of you, I'm still trying to learn all of its capabilities. This will necessitate spending time on this forum. I hope that at some point I can contribute, but as of now the information is one-way.

I think this forum is great, and have learned a lot in a short amount of time.

Ron Lysik
Cape Coral, Florida

01-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Ron and more importantly, Welcome to the Pentax K-3 Family.
01-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum!
01-05-2014, 03:48 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard, that's a fair jump from K10D to K-3 technology wise, enjoy the new kit.

01-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from North Fl.
01-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #6

Hi Ron,

Welcome!

So how long have you owned the K10D for? I have one too and I love the big Pro solid feel compared to the small plasticky Nikons and Canons at the same price point.

I would love to buy the K3 so am very interested to hear you initial comparisons of the two.
Please can you take an identical photo with both cameras using the same lens on identical settings and post them for us to see the difference.

And retirement simply means you can finally be selfish with your own time.
Live life to the max buddy!
01-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Asama Quote
Hi Ron,

Welcome!

So how long have you owned the K10D for? I have one too and I love the big Pro solid feel compared to the small plasticky Nikons and Canons at the same price point.

I would love to buy the K3 so am very interested to hear you initial comparisons of the two.
Please can you take an identical photo with both cameras using the same lens on identical settings and post them for us to see the difference.

And retirement simply means you can finally be selfish with your own time.
Live life to the max buddy!
Thank you for your welcome. I've had the K10D since they first were introduced. Not sure of the years.
My K10 is not available at this time to take comparison photos.
The K3 is a whole new experience, however, my background with the K10D has helped tremendously in the learning process. It took me a long time to learn the K10D, and it will surely be many months before I master the K3.

I'm very happy with my initial experiences with the K3. I'm still waiting for the raw and other postprocessing software to catch up.

Ron
01-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from PSL,FL!

01-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Ron,

Welcome from the cold north! Looking forward to seeing pictures taken with your new camera.

Craig