Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #1

K100d rear setting wheel

Hello everyone my username is sonyhandycam520 , and I'm new to pentaxforums the reason I joined is because I've a few problems with three of my cameras I own. I've a K100d that I've owned since 08, bought is used off the bay and it's been a good camera. But in the last two years the setting wheel on the top back of the camera to adjust aperture or shutter speed acts kind of wonky when I want to set a higher or lower shutter speed etc the numbers just jump all over the place. If I want say 1/125 and turn the wheel is goes all the way up 1/750 then down then up again. When I showed it and said something to a friend who owned a camera store in my town, he said it could be dirty contacts and to get some contact cleaner at the Radio Shack and squirt it on the underside of the setting wheel and just keep working it and it should clean up the contacts and should work right for a while.

01-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, to get an answer to your problem I suggest you post in the camera forums as not many questions are answered in the Introduction forum.
01-05-2014, 04:00 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, me I not technical at all, I just use 'em, if they misbehave they just go into the shop to get fixed. It's a good working relationship and I don't have boxes of bits left over.