Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #1

New guy joining

Hello good people and fellow Pentaxians!

I use my name as username in here, so you now know what my name is. I just turned 50 half a year ago and I'm from the city of Kristiansund on the north-west coast of Norway.
I have taken pictures as long as I can remember, as I got a AGFA Instamatic camera from my mom when I was about 8-9 years old.
My entry into the digital world came in 2004, when I purshased a FujiFilm Finepix S-5500, later a Finepix S-1900, but wanted to step up a bit a couple of years ago as my interest in photography grew larger.
Went to my camera dealer where I had in mind to put Canon, Nikon and Pentax on the table.
I soon put the Canon out of the play (why wood I go for something "everybody" has?), then I put the Nikon away and I picked the Pentax K-X.
At that time I could just as well have become a Nikon-guy, but at the price I have set, I could only get a camera house whereas for the same money I could get the K-X with Pentax 18-55 mm and a Pentax 50-200mm lense.
Ever since I've been a Pentaxian, and a year ago I got my Pentax K-5 II and the Pentax 18-135mm lense.
This is a first introduction to me and how I came into photography...., so now I will use some time to wonder off and try to get to know this forum.

See ya...!

01-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello Svein, welcome to the Forum!
Hope you enjoy your time here, glad to have you aboard.
Be sure to post some photos, I'd enjoy seeing Norway!
Ron
01-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.

I use my name as my user name too. Leading to the thing where I met a guy from another forum, and he asked me my name, and I said Norm Head, and he said, "yes, but what's your real name?" I guess there are people who might use "normhead" as a nickname. I don't know what would be in it for them, but it could happen.

Similar when I say my name is Norm Head and they ask me how to spell Head. Apparenlty it could be HED. Not that I or anyone else I know has ever met an "Hed" but hey, I guess there could be one somewhere.
01-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, great introduction, enjoy what you find here.

01-12-2014, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for that welcome folks!
I mostly do ships and boats, but lately turned into architecture and city details (if that is a genre).
Here's an image from a bridge between two of the five islands my home town are built on, looking towards east.

There are nice details and curves on ships...

By 'city details', I could mean something like a wall and window of an old ship yard from around 1840 in the midst of out city

Haven't been too much around in here yet, so bare with me if I post wrong.
Anyway, these three images are just ment as an illustration to my field of interest in photography
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Svein,

I will add my welcome to you from Canada. Thank you for your interesting introduction, and I hope to see more of your pictures. You live in a very picturesque part of the world.

Several years ago, I was lucky to stay two days in Alesund while en route to business in Loen. It was in May, and I felt like at home when I saw some snow still in the hills!

- Craig
01-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #7

Original Poster
Hey there 'c.a.m'!
My colleague is originally from Torquay in Seskatchewan and his wife from Regina, so I've heard a lot of good stuff about Canada ;-)
Alesund is a beautiful jugend style city south of my city, about 2,5 hours by car and ferry. I have an account at Facebook that is wide open to the world, so feel free to poke in and take a look at my many photo albums in there...., also the spesific one from Alesund... (Call myself Svein S. Ludvigsen in there)

01-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums Svein Ludvigsen. I have only ever been to finnmark in Norway, you have beautiful country indeed.
01-14-2014, 06:37 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard, I think you'll like the K5 and 18-135 combination. You can be fearless with these!
01-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Velkommen hit, Svein!