Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2014, 03:52 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
The pentaxian beginner

Hello!
My name is phantom. I have just bought a pentax K-II + DA 70mm last month, now I am training to become better in photography. Nice to meet you all

01-15-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Hi phantom. I used to read about your adventures when I was a boy!

Just kidding. Welcome to Pentax Forums. Did you mean that you have a K-5II or a K-01? Either way, you'll find plenty of people who enjoy your camera and lens. The 70mm is an interesting choice, if it's your only lens for the body you have. Please enjoy your time here.
01-15-2014, 04:26 AM   #3

Original Poster
Dear! I mean the pentax K5-II. It's my pressure to receive your attention and I am so fascinated to be a member of pentax forum. Hopefully, we can keep in touch and i dont hesitate to contribute to our forum.
Best,
Phantom
01-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! The combination of K-5II and 70 Ltd is really great. Hope to see some pictures soon

01-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard, enjoy what you find here.
01-15-2014, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I started (way back when!) with just the K100D and the 43mm. The DA70 is an awesome lens too. We look forward to seeing what you can do with it!
01-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #7

Original Poster
Dear all! Firstly, I would like to say thank for your encouragement. I start my interest in photography quite late and no basic knowledge about it too. But i thought, your support would help me significantly in my road to satisfy a passion of photography.
02-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
Welcome! I started (way back when!) with just the K100D and the 43mm. The DA70 is an awesome lens too. We look forward to seeing what you can do with it!
Dear K McCall,
I see your photos on flickr. It's really awesome and beautiful. I guess that you have experienced the FA 43 and FA 31 too. In your opinion, which one your prefer to use?
many Thanks.

02-20-2014, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by phantomvn Quote
Dear K McCall,
I see your photos on flickr. It's really awesome and beautiful. I guess that you have experienced the FA 43 and FA 31 too. In your opinion, which one your prefer to use?
many Thanks.
Thank you so much! Both lenses are outstanding, and you can't go wrong with either one. If I'm indoors, the 31mm is most useful, because I usually don't have a lot of room to maneuver. However, sometimes to frame the shot, you have to get too close to your subject, and distortion can happen (if they're sitting at an angle, the eye closer to the camera looks bigger, etc). Still, this lens is so sharp, and the out-of-focus areas are just lovely.

Outdoors, I prefer the 43mm, or even something longer, like the DA 70 or (gasp!) the D-FA 100mm Macro lens. I have yet to find a Pentax prime lens that doesn't excel at working for portraits.

Best of luck, and I look forward to seeing your work on Flickr!
02-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
Thank you so much! Both lenses are outstanding, and you can't go wrong with either one. If I'm indoors, the 31mm is most useful, because I usually don't have a lot of room to maneuver. However, sometimes to frame the shot, you have to get too close to your subject, and distortion can happen (if they're sitting at an angle, the eye closer to the camera looks bigger, etc). Still, this lens is so sharp, and the out-of-focus areas are just lovely.

Outdoors, I prefer the 43mm, or even something longer, like the DA 70 or (gasp!) the D-FA 100mm Macro lens. I have yet to find a Pentax prime lens that doesn't excel at working for portraits.

Best of luck, and I look forward to seeing your work on Flickr!
Thank for your suggestion. I really appreciate it. Hopefully, you can get more successes and keep going with your passion.
Cheers.
02-20-2014, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!
02-20-2014, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Happy to have another new enthusiast in the making!
Personally, I'm out in the more inclement weather a lot and value a weathersealed, rugged DSLR.