Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New to Pentax and to forum

Hello,
I just want to say hello, as i am a new pentax owner and new to the forum. I just purchased a k-5 from adorama, and picked up a 50mm f2 smc k-m, 200mm f4 smc k-m and a sears 135mm mc k-m. I am transitioning from a sony a700 and minolta lenses. With the pentax i wanted to start out with a few primes first, and the older m lenses are an inexpensive way for me to start. I am a big railfan and spend my weekends at various locations shooting freight trains and high speed amtraks. any tips on lenses primes first and zooms would be a big help.

thanks
john

01-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum John, good to have you on board.
01-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, I'm a prime man myself but know nothing about shooting railways, have a look at the lens section here on the forum, it may well shed a bit of light for you.
01-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #4

Did you say a Sears lens? Is this the department store?

Steve