Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #1

Say hello to me. My first DSLR k-50

Hello. I'm Joey, from Rockland county NY. I just got my first DSLR. The Pentax k-50. Didn't get to use it so much.
The only time I really used it, was up in a mountain trying to catch the Aurora, didn't really find it but for my first time, got a couple decent shots.

These few photos were 30 second exposures. It was very very dark outside (3am).
ISO 6400 (I know a little noisy) with the kit lens at f3.5 (the highest) I used a tripod, but didn't have a remote.

Attached Images

01-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
What'chu lookin at

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, Joey from Rockland county NY! I just got my K-50 a little while ago too and am getting used to it after coming from a short affair with a K20d and a long term relationship with an MX. Before I picked up a remote, I used the self-timer function, give that a try if you haven't already. Also, some may knock the kit lens, but I've gotten some excellent shots from it. Oh, and don't forget about all that yummy legacy glass out there too!

That last shot is cool, is that snow dancing about there?
01-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Was supposed to get the aurora here last week but it was cloudy! Glad you could get out! You should love your K-50, from what I've read it can be dropped in the snow, dirt, mud and taken to the shower to clean it!! cool huh! That is if you have the WR lens! So dive in and post often.
Joel
01-19-2014, 06:45 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, where did the red come from on the first image?

01-19-2014, 06:55 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi. I know the images are nothing to write home about.
I was with a group of people. One of them had a red light that was turned on. So kinda light painting.
The 3rd photo is snow. After being out there in -2 Fahrenheit for an hour and a half it started snowing.
01-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, from Alabama!