Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hello!

Hello,

Just introducing myself. I've just got back in to photography after a few years off, and got hold of a k-30 a few weeks ago.

I chose Pentax because I love the outdoors, mountains in particular, and after a lot of research the weather sealing made it an obvious choice to take anywhere with me. Also, I like the fact that it's not a Canon or Nikon, like everyone else seems to have.

I've been getting used to how it works since it arrived, and am now prepping for a trip to Iceland in a few weeks, where I hope to put my new camera to good use (my justification for buying it to my girlfriend was that we can't possibly go somewhere as stunning as Iceland without a decent camera!)

Great website, I've picked up lots of good tips!

Graham.

01-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great camera and your off to a fantastic location on your trip, remember to post some images when you get back.
01-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you, and I certainly will!
01-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! The K-30 will be perfect for capturing the wonders of Iceland, including the steamy Blue Lagoon

PS. I've been told that Chichester is where you end up if you take a taxi in Chester on a really cold day

01-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
Forum Member

Congratulations on acquiring your K-30 in such a smart way (by arguing you can't possibly go to any place as stunning as Iceland without some decent camera). Apart from being free from Nikon/Canon mainstream and enjoying nice weather sealing (which also includes many lenses), you'll soon appreciate further serious advantages. In body shake reduction, for instance. This will not only stabilise all your lenses, but also will help with creating straight composition. Horizon correction, as this is what I have on my mind here, is often a great feature when used in outdoor photography!
01-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you all for welcoming me, I'll be sure post some pics on my return!
01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's going to be very cold, you may want to pack a second battery so you can keep one warm to swap. Cold can reduce the effective charge, but warming it up will allow that to recover.
01-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, I have the AA battery adapter so I'll be taking plenty of back up power!