Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #1

Hello! New member here. I am a camera enthusiast and I tend to see uses for about every camera out there. I had picked up an MX-1 around xmas time and took it with me on a trip to nashville. That camera really impressed me. I had remembered using the K1000 back in school and holding something metal just felt right. After the first time shooting it, it went everywhere with me. When I came back, I started looking at other Pentax cameras. I found the q and thought long and hard about how much I would really use it. I have a Fuji X100 that I absolutely love to shoot. I gave up on lugging around a DSLR a long time ago. Once film went bye bye, camera bodies started becoming obsolete long before they were in bad enough shape to warrant a new body. I really have no need for a system camera of any kind anymore. The money is just too great for anything I would feel comfortable with investing in. In the Q though I saw an opportunity. Not to jump into a system, but to take advantage of many of the lenses I already own. I collect canon rangefinders and I loved to shoot with them until it became nearly impossible for me to process my film. The lenses are very well maintained, but still not up to par with modern lenses no matter how amazing I think it is to shoot with them. SO for 135 shipped, I bought the q body. An extra 10 later I had my m39 to q adapter. Minor investment that just made sense. low cost camera that has limitations, and lenses that are brilliant, but not worth slapping on an expensive system camera. I picked up the lens shield because I loved shooting pinhole cameras. While this may not be the best choice of camera or lenses, It just may prove to be some of the most fun with a camera I have had in a long time.

01-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome to the Forums
01-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! You will find many Q fans here and also many film fans!! So dive in, enjoy and post often!!
Joel
01-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Spiked1 Quote
It just may prove to be some of the most fun with a camera I have had in a long time
Welcome, photography is supposed to be fun too.