Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Hello from Balmy Minnesota

I'm Todd and I just got home with my brand new K-3 that I picked up from my local camera store. I could have bought in online and saved some dough. I like to support my local businesses and if didn't show up today then I would have bought it from the two great shops that support this site.

I can't wait to use my new K-3 and the battery can't charge fast enough. I will be reading the manual while hanging with the Mrs tonight.

01-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on the purchase! It's great to hear that the camera was available locally- most don't have that luxury

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy her once she's all charged up, the camera that is, not the Mrs.
01-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Lucky you have a local camera store that sells Pentax! Many of us don't, alas. We're waiting to see some of your images!

01-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I will be sending some shots soon. I bought my first Pentax K-1000 back in high school at a local camera store. You can't beat having a person sell you a product that is excited about a product. Then I moved up to the Twin Cities in '99 because I wanted to party with Prince and got my ZX, but he's camera shy, from the same store that I picked up the K-3 today. They give free lessons with camera purchases and have several locations with people that know cameras. I did pay more than the sweet deal B&H gives us here, but I expect great service and I get it from these guys.
Now I need some help on what the best lens is for shooting pictures of food. I need to send my family pictures of my food that makes their mouth water. I'm using the lens from my ZX, Tamron 28-300 Thanks again Todd
01-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! Consider the 18-135 for weather-sealed walkaround. It works well enough here in balmy Northeast Illinois.
01-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It really warmed up here today, above Zero F for those of you that don't live in a place that the possible snow season is over 6 months of the year. I dropped off one of my work trucks and was able to walk home with just a sweat shirt and a stocking cap. I will be shooting some shots of the new K-3 tomorrow after I finish reading the manual tonight. This whole DSLR is new to me. I've had a few digital cameras but never a DSLR.
01-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

I have friends up near Rochester, they had snow in the yard mid-May last year...really set the gardening back.