Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
New Old Guy

Hello, everyone. My name is Earl, and I've been a fan of Pentax for quite some time. My first Pentax camera was a Super Program that I bought while stationed in Japan in the early 80s (and I still have in the closet). With it, I've managed to collect quite a few memories from my travels while in uniform. Now that I'm retired, and we've moved into the digital age, I've moved on to easier and more instant forms of memory making with point-and-shoot cameras. But, as of late, I've once again been bitten by the SLR bug, and am presently saving up for a K-50 or K-500. At present, I'm re-entering the photo scene with the Pentax X-5. Nice little camera for a bridge camera.

Hope this is a fun forum.

02-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #2

Welcome!
I've heard great things about the X-5 as a bridge camera. I'm sure you will love it. I look forward to seeing some of your photos.
02-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sdenby Quote
Welcome!
I've heard great things about the X-5 as a bridge camera. I'm sure you will love it. I look forward to seeing some of your photos.
Thanks for the welcome. And so far, I'm extremely pleased with the X-5. Now I just need to figure out how to post photos on here.
02-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome! Plenty of people who used Pentax way back are now on this forum

Edit: Posting photos here is best done via attachments, but the space is limited, unless you donate to the website. Many users simply get a free Flickr account (or another image sharing website) and embed photos through it.
I hope you post a photo or two! The main "unwritten" rule is not to remove the exif info and to scale down the photos (to around 1000pixels on the long side) so they load fast

02-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! The K-500 is on sale at woot. Cameras & Accessories
02-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Hey, welcome! Plenty of people who used Pentax way back are now on this forum
Yeah there seems to be several of us here.
Welcome to the Forums Earl
02-02-2014, 03:41 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, it would be interesting to see some of the images from the 80's if your "allowed" to share them with us.