Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #1

New to forum, novice to photography

Hi all, happy to be part of the forum. Am new to photography in that I have some basic equipment, K-5, K200D, some lenses, an interest in photography, no formal training, and a lot of confusion. Am hoping that these forums will help me sort out some of my confusion, answer my questions, and help me to get to know others! Cheers

02-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums!
Everyone here will be very willing to answer any questions you have, so don't hesitate to ask them. Enjoy your stay!
02-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum

Glad you have joined. You will find lots of nice people who are patient enough to answer questions they have answered already many times! Modern DSLR cameras are complex, and there are lots of new ways to do things. I basically just work myself through the owner's manual with camera in hand to try stuff as I learn about it.

Many questions have already been answered on the forum, so you might want to do a search before posting an inquiry. The search option on the Forum is not perfect, and sometimes I can use google for searching, and often find more stuff on the Forum, stuff I could not find using the Forum's own search function.

Looking forward to some of your photograph posts.
02-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!

02-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by trisha55 Quote
Am hoping that these forums will help me sort out some of my confusion
Welcome to the forum, as long as you promise not to confuse us too much with you technical questions.
02-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! Sure is easy to get confused with all the options, but if you have (or can acquire) a proper understanding of exposure all else can wait. What's what in the world of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO, and how they affect the end result.

I wouldn't categorise the K-5 as "basic equipment", though But seeing you have a K200D as well as an LX I would guess you're not that much of a novice in the world of photography.