Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2014, 04:18 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Inactive Account

Diehard pentaxian, New to the Forum

Hello All,

Name here is Dustin. I have been a photographer for over 10 years. started out shooting landscapes and Stock photography till the MicroStock market ruined it, Then transitioned into Commercial, Wedding, and some portrait photography. My work has a tendency to be on the dakr and creepy side when not shooting commercial or wedding work (unless I get an awesome client.) I currently own a Pentax K5IIs and a K3 a plethora of lenses from 10mm all the way upto 800mm ranging from brand new to 30+ years old (Some of my favorite glass is the older stuff). Any way just wanted to introduce myself and say hi and offer any of my knowledge to those who might want to learn it. I attached some of my most recent work, Im open to crticism

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your photos.
02-02-2014, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.

QuoteOriginally posted by maxpcuser Quote
has a tendency to be on the dark and creepy side
Tell us more, I'm intrigued.
02-02-2014, 05:13 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum.

Tell us more, I'm intrigued.
I like to shoot more in the dark undiscussed side of most peoples mind, What some people think of but are often to afraid to explore. Here are a couple of shots from a "Corpse Bride" engagement series that I am currently working on and some from another set named "torn" and a shot named "UnSpoken"

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo       
02-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Site Supporter

I love those. The dark, creepy, sinister feel is great. And with the current crop of YA fiction, quite in fashion.
02-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Dustin and welcome to the Forums. You have some very interesting shots posted. I especially like the first and seventh ones
02-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting work, Dustin. Keep posting.

02-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Hello Dustin and welcome to the Forums. You have some very interesting shots posted. I especially like the first and seventh ones
The first shot is done entirely in camera using multiple exposures, its a bit of a challenge to get right as you have to be able to fully visualize the first shot and how the second shot will overlay and affect the first. BUT once you do you can expect AMAZING results just about everytime lol.

Sixth and Seventh shot are from a Series named "TORN" as part of 52 week photo challenge. Once a week you get a new keyphrase and go shoot that keyphrase. This one the key phrase was as you guessed was "torn" however it was not specified which context; was it torn emotionally or torn physically so I worked to shoot both context in one image which is how shot seven evolved, It is not a composite and the entire shoot was done in jpeg mode by accident.

Last edited by maxpcuser; 02-02-2014 at 08:36 PM.
02-03-2014, 03:02 AM   #9
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Interesting and well executed work. I wouldn't have the skill nor the patience to do something like that...

Thanks for sharing!
02-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! It's great to see someone put this kind of effort into portraits. The shots of the black woman are outstanding bride portraits, I can't imagine she was less than thrilled with them. Definitely more thought put into them than your regular portraits.
02-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by maxpcuser Quote
in the dark undiscussed side of most peoples mind
Thanks for taking the time to reply, some very interesting imagery you have going on there, please keeping posting to us all.
02-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #12

Hi! Love your photos, I always enjoy seeing 'different' images because it helps me to think outside the square
02-04-2014, 03:02 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Welcome!
02-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. Thank you all for the kind words. The (non-Creepy) Bridal portraits are for a designers catalog that i have been working on, and believe it or not the creepy Corpse bride stuff is actually an engagement series for a couple getting married in 2015. I will continually post more of my out of the box work as I get time i love hearing what people think about my work as it helps me grow as an artist. Again thank you all for the kind words. Here is some more of my creepy stuff i stumbled across the other day. (NOTE) the cloaked figure is actually a Dungeon and Dragons themed senior portrait session.
Attached Images

Last edited by maxpcuser; 02-22-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: added a photo.