Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #1

Howdy, all! (From South Carolina)

Howdy, all! I was lurking around these forums while I was trying to decide on a camera and lens to get, so I figured I'd join them now that I've got one. My last (and only) SLR was a Pentax Spotmatic that I loved, but stopped using for various reasons. Moved to a good little Canon point-and-shoot after that and used it til it died. Since then I've been relegated to phone cameras, my current one being a Nokia Lumia 920, which isn't bad for a phone camera.

Anyway, I was dying to get back to using a real camera and decided on the K-3. Got the deal from Adorama that included the 31mm limited lens (and the rep gave me a military discount too- go Navy!). Thanks to everyone on the forums so far for making me aware of that deal and for all the reviews and info on the body and lenses. I'll have to post some replies in those threads when I have some time. I've had the camera for a few days now and am loving it. Can't wait for my dad to get my old Takumar 50/1.4 and telephoto to me so I can try those out as well (pentax adapter is still in the mail).

Look forward to using the forums and sharing info with everyone as I have time!

-Josh

02-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If we're in for typical greetings - G'day, mate!

Congrats on a great camera purchase and I look forward to seeing some of your photos.
02-10-2014, 02:36 AM   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, going straight for the best! A K-3 + 31 Ltd must be a killer combination. And I got myself a Tak 50/1.4 a few days ago, and it's quite a lens even if it's a few decades old by now.

Welcome, and hope to see you around!
02-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, K-3 and a limited, good call, enjoy and remember to post up some images on the forum.

02-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome! Loving the 31mm so far, and my adapter just arrived in the mail so I can start using the Takumars I finally got a pic up in the 'Post your photos!' forums, and hope to put up more (and look at others!) as I have time.