Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #1

Hello from Utah

I was hunting around here for awhile, I was in the market for a new camera - my Canon 20d, is showing it's age and I was tired of Canon and I wanted a change (though I think it's funny the 60d is only .3fps faster than the 20d after 4 or 5 years). So I went digging. Used dpreview to get some ideas and started looking at the k-50 (I also have an old ME Super from my Dad I use to shoot on, and using the 50mm lens intrigured me), then I looked at the k-5, then I saw the k-5ii, went around for awhile looking at a 60d and d5200 or d7000...but kept coming back to the k-5ii. I sat with a k-5ii in my shopping cart online for like a month, alright maybe 2 weeks and kept switching through lens and bundles...I had been getting information from this site also helping me along - and then I saw the picture thread and started reading more on the k-5iis (I was a little nervous about moire), but I decided to switch over to the k-5iis and put it in my cart. I also settled on a Tamron 18-200 lens.

As way of info on me, I'm a nerd...I work with SharePoint (front end development), Service-Now, PHP, jQuery,HTML/CSS, I also have a bunch of kids and two cats and a wife...

Well, I finally got a chance to play around with it...and I'm in LOVE (and I don't care who knows it...)!!! I'm so impressed with the sharpness even with middle of the road glass...

02-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice images, great job!
02-20-2014, 03:13 AM   #3
Forum Member

5IIs is an absolute gem, not only in the Pentax crown, but also in the all-current-great-DSLRs range. You made the right choice, congratulations! Now you'll need to focus on the proper lens, as the current one is no match for your new camera. HD DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited is a great all-rounder being able to serve as a top quality wide angle-standard-portrait-macro lens, so might be a good proposal for a start. Then you probably start looking at the DA* 300mm f/4 and tele-converters, but this is a no concern for now