Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #1

Hello everyone!!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been an avid photographer for about ten years. My former setup consisted of a cannon 50D with kit lens and cannon 70-300mm lens. I consider myself an advanced amateur photographer, but admit that Ive been stuck in "auto mode" for quite sometime. Basically because I found my pictures to be uninspiring and somewhat disappointing with the final outcomes. I basically bought the cannon system for the simple reason that "best buy" and most other local camera dealers only carried cannon and Nikon. I've been wanting a new camera system for awhile now and started searching online rather than just "settling" for what the local stores had to offer. Anyway, Pentax really caught my eye and I was drueling like an 18 year old in a strip club for the first time(LOL). After a month of beating myself up, on witch model I should get, K5 ll /lls or go for the kill and get the holly grail k3 and begging my wife (trying to convince her about the "reasons" I should just get the k3, she broke down and "allowed" me to get the k3. All I can say about the k3 is OMG, from the moment I opened the box and held this sexy little camera, I knew right then, it was true love at first sight!! I received it on valentine's day.. (I think my wife is starting to get jealous) Hahaha!!! After setting it up, I'm finding myself to be more inspired than ever to Take great photos and truly see the camera to its fullest ability. So I'm going to be leaning on this forum to help me and also hopefully be able to contribute as well.. OK, enough of my rambling (don't want to outlast my welcome). Thank you for reading and have a great day!!! Ward..

02-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, we all like to do a little out pouring from time to time, especially over a new K-3 ownership, who wouldn't.
02-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Ward and welcome to the Forums.
02-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and best wishes.