Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Bob in SC

I used to be a member of this group back when the discussion was 99% film. I have since been encouraged to at least climb a few peaks of the digital learning mountain and so here I am again. As some may be wondering what to do with those few extra $ left over from taxes, I have made the move and purchased a K20D. Actually, I am on my 2nd K20D. I am new enough to the digital experience to not be an expert at anything, so please bear with me. Someone out there may be able to point out the exact source of my bumbling problem(s). When I shoot with RAW (DNG) upload the files into Lightroom, I see a 3or 4mm black line with a narrow white line in the middle all the way to the right side of each picture. I can find no reference to this phenomena and don't really know where to look. This black line does not show up on the LCD, just on the software. TIA for any clues...bob

04-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by karmaspapa Quote
I used to be a member of this group back when the discussion was 99% film. I have since been encouraged to at least climb a few peaks of the digital learning mountain and so here I am again. As some may be wondering what to do with those few extra $ left over from taxes, I have made the move and purchased a K20D. Actually, I am on my 2nd K20D. I am new enough to the digital experience to not be an expert at anything, so please bear with me. Someone out there may be able to point out the exact source of my bumbling problem(s). When I shoot with RAW (DNG) upload the files into Lightroom, I see a 3or 4mm black line with a narrow white line in the middle all the way to the right side of each picture. I can find no reference to this phenomena and don't really know where to look. This black line does not show up on the LCD, just on the software. TIA for any clues...bob
Welcome Bob. Your problems may be with Lightroom. You will need to get the 1.4.1 update, which I have read, solves some of the problems with LR and the K20D.

Another option is to convert the files using Pentax Photo Browser and exporting them to Tiff for use in Lightroom.
04-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
K20D woes

Thanks for the tip, Canada. That gave me an idea, so I just tried to upload those files into Picassa, with the same result. So, they seem to be proprietary to the Pentax. I have no such problems with the K100D super. The mystery deepens...bob
04-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It reminded me of a similar case, a problem which I never had but apparently K10D has had.

"Corrected an issue in some rare cases where a long exposure might produce a vertical stripe."
- Pentax Imaging - Software & Firmaware Updates

Not much more to go at. Hope you can solve this problem!