Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
Forum Member

New from Knoxville

I just ordered a Pentax Q with the 02 lens and also ordered the 06 lens. I am excited about the possibilities. I got a Pentax MX-1 a few mos ago and love it. I like small cameras. I don't find the MX-1 small though.

I am thinking about the 03 lens and maybe the 04 and 05. Want to see how it goes with the 02 and 06 first. I use Corel Paintshop Pro (am learning it) and also picked up Pixeluvo so am interested in shooting RAW and I use RAW+ now on the MX-1 though it slows it down considerably.

Other cameras I have are point and shoots: canon ELPH 110HS and panasonic lumix (the one with the 20x zoom) and Kodak Max z990.

02-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that Q when she arrives.
02-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Small world! Another Knoxvillian here...Pentax really seems to have cornered the market here in Tennessee-if they had the same share everywhere as they do here and in Australia, Canikon might be looking over their shoulders.
03-01-2014, 02:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, paulcote ... hope to see a Q or a MX-1 image (or two) soon ... Salut, J

03-01-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster

I am working through my MX-1 book again trying to understand all the settings and possibilities. One thing I have learned is that using AWB in the house makes the photos too yellowish so I have been using Tungsten. I wonder if there are good tutorials on how to use the settings and how to leave them set.

---------- Post added 03-01-14 at 08:36 AM ----------

Because I could get a factor refurb Q for 180 dollars with the 02 lens, I ordered that but now am wondering if I should have just ordered the Q7. I understand the Q7 has the same sensor as the MX-1. I suppose I can wait on a Q7 body if for some reason I don't like the way the original Q works.

I am also curious how people like the other lenses such as toy lenses. I am thinking that until I get proficient in composition, nothing much is going to matter. I would love to find some good tutorials on composition. I have seen a few like on the Corel website and on Lynda website but am going to go checkout Youtubes on the topic.

Thanks for all of your welcomes!