Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #1

Hello from the far north of Norway

Hello fellow Pentaxians

I have been a Pentax shooter since 2010 when i bought my first Dslr, a K200d. I really like the pentax build quality and weater sealing, that was the thing that made me choose Pentax in the first place. All other entry levels cameras that I tried at that time did feel like cheap plastic toys in comparison.

Since then I have invested almost to much money into pentax equipment, I can best be described as a snap happy sailor with a unhealthy gear addiction. And I have far to little time to use it.

The pentax built quality give me peace at mind when I'm dragging my camera throug all sorts of enviroments from -30 degree C camping in the winter, seawater spray at work, the rainy bird hunts at the fall, and lastly my Thailand tripp with 25-30 degree C and high humidity. My equiptment have not failed me once.

I even manage to persuade my friend that traveled with me to Thailand on my last holiday to borrow my beloved K5 and a mix of primes and zooms, so I could take every single thing with me, did use a K3 myself. Told him to leave his D3s and rest of the expencive (and heavy) nikon f/2.8 gear at home. He was pleased with the result he got out of the camera, and happy to not drag a tonn around. We did walk alot.

I'm now one mounth away from my next trip, going back to Thailand to shot the Songkran. I'm exited to see if my Pentax gear will survive the world largest water war. Does anyone have experience with a Aquapac or something simular? Just to be on the safe side of life. Dont think the sealings is up for the task with large water guns and they occasionally use firehoses down there.

Thats all for now.
Love this forum, Peace out.

03-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That sounds like a fun trip. Do post some photos of the "war" when you get back.
03-02-2014, 03:20 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Brochmann Quote
Hello from the far north of Norway
Welcome from the far North of Scotland, in fact just across the water to you.

Your nearer to me than the likes of London.
03-02-2014, 05:50 AM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums. Thailand must be quite a contrast to the far north of Norway. I suppose you are only just starting to get some daylight at this time of year. Post some pics of where you live.

03-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, a great reference for all things Pentax. It sounds like your selection of Pentax will serve you well in the long run with the rugged bodies and WR/AW/DA* lenses. Looking forward to some of you images and hopefullly a few aurora.

The K200d was also my first DSLR camera and although I don't need the WR as much as you, the rugged build is very reassuring so I take it as my preferred hiking camera (over K-5 which I like to baby and protect a little).

BTW: beautiful part of the world you come from. I did a cruise from Kurkenes to Bergen in 2012 at the very end of winter, and a cold but beautiful winderness. Part of this was a dream of seeing aurora, and had some good experiences. Planning to go the other ways perhaps in 2015 in the Summer.

How far north are you?

Last edited by KevinR; 03-03-2014 at 09:59 AM.
03-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Brochmann ... nice intro and hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
03-31-2014, 04:10 PM   #7

Original Poster
Name:  13546627125_3cea97b532_h[1].jpg
Views: 89
Size:  132.7 KB
https://www.flickr.com/photos/119815211@N02/13546721733/in/photostream
Hello, now I'm back from work and can finally uploadedsomething from my last trip to Thailand. Spending the new years in Pattaya was awsome. First real atemt on firework.
Now I'm in Bangkok and are really looking forward to the Songkran begins.
When I left home I did have a hard time deciding what to bring, in ended up on a K3 16-50, fa50, dfa100 and a 10-17 and my new goto everywhere camera (if i don't have left the charger at home) Ricoh GR.
My K5, 18-135, tamron 18-250, mitacon 28 and da* 50-135 did have to stay at home (I really feel sorry for my favorite 50-135), but 35 degree + made me leave it at home.
If any Pentaxian in Bangkok and surrounding areas want to invite me on a photosafari I would appreciate it.