Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #1

Hi Everybody!

Two weeks ago I had no interest in photography at all.

I'm building a website for a business I'm starting and found out quickly how far you can go with zero content. Sure, there's stock photos galore that are available for a fair price but it's not the same as doing it yourself, it doesn't have that personal touch. I thought about hiring a photographer but I don't have the money, I'm going to be starting out on a shoestring and every dollar counts.

I began looking at the web and some great stuff people have come up with on their own, not just photographs, but action videos. Amazing images and scenes that rival and sometimes surpass the work of pro's. I thought about getting a Go pro and the time lapse feature almost sold me on it. Until I googled myself into a time lapse thread that had some of the most amazing images I've seen on the web.

They were created by a guy named Eli with the Pentax K-01, there's a thread around here somewhere that features his work. The Go pro footage was great, the Pentax K-01 footage was awe inspiring. The photographs taken with the K-01 by others were tremendous, there's something about the sweeping angles created with the 14mm Samyang lens that takes my breath away. My K-01 was shipped today and I should have it by Wednesday. I can't wait to see what I can come up with.

03-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best wishes, and welcome.
03-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look for some of the astrophotography time lapses - sunsets, moonrises etc. and if you really want to be flabbergasted, the Northern Lights.
There's a great thread here of someone who went all out with secondary batteries, heaters for the lens (avoid dew) etc.

The built-in intervalometer seems to work fine for the most part.

remember to turn off the image review if you want your battery to last longer when doing this - I think it should be possible with the K-01, though you'll have to figure that out. Or just run AC power to it...

It's a helluva hobby!
03-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #4

Welcome!

03-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, enjoy the K-01when she arrives.
03-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, kristoff ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
03-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #7

Original Poster
Wow! Someone said hello to me from France. I LOVE THE INTERNET! Seriously, isn't it great when you think about it? Like minded people from all walks of life and all areas of the globe coming together to discuss topics that interest them. Things have changed for sure.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I've been on a few boards in my time and It's always nice to say Hi to those that spend a little time to welcome the Newbies.

03-05-2014, 01:59 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kristoff the great Quote
Wow! Someone said hello to me from France. I LOVE THE INTERNET! Seriously, isn't it great when you think about it? Like minded people from all walks of life and all areas of the globe coming together to discuss topics that interest them. Things have changed for sure.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I've been on a few boards in my time and It's always nice to say Hi to those that spend a little time to welcome the Newbies.
Salut, kristoff ... again welcome aboard, but know that I was born and raised in Oklahoma and have been in France over 18 years now, so I guess that I'm French enough ... Oui, it's a great forum community here, so don't be shy and hope to see you on the boards soon ... and the Net is great for all of this. A+, J