Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #1

Hi from Florida

Hello, I am just getting ready to jump into DSLR and I would like to thank everyone here for all the help they have given me, even if they do not realize it
I have always enjoyed taking pictures but have not really worried about the technical aspects too much, mostly using phone cameras and Lumix TS/SZ point and shoots with an EyeFi card to send the pictures to my phone where I would use a photo editor to clean it up then upload to a cloud service.
I will be using the camera almost exclusively outdoors in less than ideal conditions, salt water, sand, humidity etc and it will be mostly for landscapes and wildlife and now I have a shopping basket full of K3, 18-135, FLU (if it ever ships) grip assorted filters and a few other odds and ends. Just have to hit the buy button LOL..
I am "thinking" that I can get away with the 18-135 to start as a general purpose lens mostly so that I do not have to be opening up the camera when conditions are less than ideal and to just have one piece in the bag to grab when I need it. A few pictures to show where I looking to go from, I realize compared with some of the art here they are blahh but I can only get better RIGHT!!
I have just started using Lightroom and that is a whole new world into itself, but editing is becoming as enjoyable as getting the shot.
Thanks for the community here and hopfully a place I can one day contribute too.
Andy

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-ZS19  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PC36100  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PC36100  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PC36100  Photo 
03-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #2

Welcome from Florida! St Augustine here.

I just bought my K - 50 and love it so far. Looking at getting a k-3 and some better lens' soon!

Good luck
03-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #3

Hello from the Tampa Bay area. I am enjoying my K-30 and the 35mm Limited Macro lens.
03-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard. I think a WR system is a great idea, it's one of the big draws to Pentax IMHO.
I've been pretty pleased with the 18-135, it's my only WR lens right now and I've taken it all over. It's been in rain showers, 15F weather all day (-15F for shorter periods), snow and 100F heat so I'm really fond of the K5/18-135 combo.

03-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your DSLR photography once you get her (K-3).
03-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... hope to see another image or two soon ... Salut, J
03-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcomes, Friday is the big day waiting for the brown van to come..
Bonjour Jean, here's a picture from the cliffs on the Isle of Wight looking your way
I love the French countryside, it is one of the reasons why I am getting this camera because for all the times I have visited I have very few and not very good pictures.
Nice to see some Florida people here, I'm always up for a road trip so maybe I'll get to meet a few of you. (and get some free lessons :-) )
Andy