Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #1

Long time Pro - first time on any forum

In a few easy steps how does this work ?

what is a tag ?

---------- Post added 03-05-14 at 04:26 PM ----------

is there a leader in pentax forums?

03-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam is the administrator. In addition to him, there is a team of volunteer moderators who (try to) make sure we all behave. (Lord bless & keep them!) Tags are used as an advanced search tool. If you tag a thread with a few key words, when people do an advanced search, they can locate those threads.

Welcome!
03-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #3

Original Poster
can i change my name from jerryd?
03-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

You probably can. You may need to contact Adam or make a thread in a site support section.

---------- Post added 03-05-14 at 02:47 PM ----------

Site Suggestions and Help - PentaxForums.com

Make a thread in this section asking if you can change your user ID.

03-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #5

Original Poster
thanks
03-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, jerryd ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
03-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome
03-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jerryd Quote
can i change my name from jerryd?
You need to PM Adam directly. He allows users 1 name change.
Welcome to the forum.

03-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, enjoy all the good stuff that's here.
03-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Hi Jerry! Welcome to PF.

Basically the forums are divided in categories that are relevant to photography, and depending on the topic you'd like to discuss, it's best to identify first which category your topic would belong to. Typically each camera system gets its own forums, as well as one for glass, techniques, etc. If you're unsure where you should post (if you've never used forums it can get confusing) you can always post in Beginner's Q&A or in Pentax DSLR discussion. Every forum on the Internet is different and each has its own etiquette. PF is "family friendly", so you're expected to be politically correct at all times here. There are other forums on the web that are more laid back if you want a more "mature" pub type of crowd. Some of them can be really cut throat though. Typically the higher the caliber of photogs that hang on it, the thicker your skin needs to be. It's a great way to get honest feedback and grow as a photographer, though. That is why Internet is great. You can participate in many forums and get the experiences you need or want from each place you visit.

I don't know what tags you are talking about. Can you be more precise?

The leader (site owner) is Adam.

Feel free to browse the forums and get a feel for how it works. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find forums are great resources.

The Marketplace is also a great place to sell or buy second hand hear. All my deals done here (I've done about a dozen) all went perfectly and without a hitch.

Have fun!