Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #1

Hey, world of Pentax.

Weeks ago I rekindled an interest in photography. After weeks and weeks of reading, it became obvious due to my personality and simple diligence, that my obsessions with film photography could only be satisfied by the simplicity
and ease of the K1000. Sooo.. I got a great deal on one today from the original owner who was not only extremely generous and kind, but generous in that he cared more about that his camera would be put to good use
than he did about profit. He sacrificed profit for enjoyment.

I was the very lucky recipient of this K1000 and I will never forget the man's generosity, nor the passion of the medium that drives me to produce great photos.

So, Hi, hey, and I'm glad to be here. I feel like a dingy that's landed on comfortable shores, in my search for
self expression. I know that sounds flaky. I'm just really happy.

Oh yeah, I also bought a bunch of outdated darkroom equipment today, including an enlarger,
So hopefully that stuff all works out. Lol

If not, square one is warm. And bless my sweet wife for putting up with my esoteric ways. And giving up her only bathroom for my fly by night interest in a homemade darkroom.

03-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
She joins the ranks of many such spouses of earlier times, and thereby makes a living connection between the past and the present!

Welcome to Pentax Forums, and congratulations on your K1000 and darkroom finds. I never had the pleasure of owning a K1000, but I did buy its predecessor, a Spotmatic-F, new, and it still sits on display on my shelf at home, joined later by a K2DMD and an LX.

You will find many kindred spirits here. Enjoy your time with us.
03-06-2014, 02:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum! and what a nice story about your generous K1000 seller!
03-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pinko Quote
giving up her only bathroom
Welcome, provided she's not caught short at a critical "under safe light" moment.

03-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

There's no greater sacrifice than that of the woman who has given up her own bathroom for her husband's darkroom setup.
Enjoy the forum!
03-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, provided she's not caught short at a critical "under safe light" moment.
There's always the lemon tree if all else fails!
03-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You have a lucky wife. I was married to a photographer. She would only allow me in the darkroom if I was bulk-winding film for her.
03-07-2014, 01:35 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Pinko ... I started with a K-1000 and hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J

03-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm looking very forward to reading many threads here, picking the brains of those who know the craft, and using that search bar to my full advantage.
« nikon user | Hello »