Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Bendigo, Victoria, Australia!

Hi, I'm John and I'm from Australia. I have only recently purchased a new camera outfit for myself - the K20D, the D-BG2 Battery grip and the 16-50mm f/2.8 DA* lens.

I'm not new to photography but I'm new to digital photography in regards to using a DSLR. from 2003-2004 I took Studio Arts/Photography in high school, and from 2005-2006 I studied Photojournalism at University. I've been out of the loop for about a year due to other study commitments and recently wanted to get back into shooting great photo's. So I recently decided that I was just going to go digital for the sake of it's convenience.

So I hope you can all be at least a bit accommodating of 'hasn't done any major photography for a while' me and help me before I decide to break my camera into tiny little pieces (j/k)!

P.S: If anyone else here is from Australia and has used the 'Tourist Refund Scheme' to get your money back of goods you payed tax on when traveling internationally, or if anyone else here has made claims in regards to duty free exports at airports I'd Like to here from you as I plan on getting a bit of money back on my camera goods within the next 3 weeks.

P.P.S: Before I looked at this part of the forums I thought that there was only going to be one 'welcome thread' instead of 25 pages worth of individual threads. Just an idea though.

04-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
krs
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Looks to me that you have a great start into the digital world with your camera and lens selection!
04-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hey, I've been to Bendigo. Welcome to the forum John.

Refund of taxes paid during travel usually comes from the administration of the place were you spent the money - some countries have a minimum. So, depending were you purchased the equipment, go to the .gov website of that country and you should find some information.

Good luck.
04-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
mfc

damd ....theres to many australians in here lmao hello and welcome
ps where did u study p journalism?

04-24-2008, 06:06 AM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome John,
You'll find many Aussies here, and most in Melbourne!

I look forward to your posts and contributions - there are lots of novices around like me who learn a lot through the experience of pros as yourself.

All the best in your career path!
04-24-2008, 06:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome! I've actually stopped at the McDonald's (Mackers?) in Bendigo on my way out to Barham when I was in Aus last year for work.
06-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #7

Welcome to the site John. I'm from Bendigo as well, studied a bit of photojournalism last year (and various other things before that).
06-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. I still remembered my working life in Bendigo eating out every night. The food is really nice in Bendigo. Match - restaurant and Waterwheel shiraz ?

06-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Hello and welcome lots to do and lots to find out on the info front

cheers