Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I lived in Paris for 8 years and almost 17 total in France ... Nice can be quite "nice", J

---------- Post added 03-14-14 at 09:32 ----------

Just form personal experience the 100 is a great lens, but do not know about the others. Here's a quick snap using it on the K-r ... J
Gorgeous pic!

---------- Post added 03-14-14 at 04:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Welcome! If your budget is tight, you can pick up a F35-70 for under $50, used. If you're patient, you can also find the DA35 & DA50 for under $125 each, used. Some good sales have popped lately for those two for around $150ish, new. So, for $300-350, you can get three inexpensive, but well regarded lenses to start off. Also, many people suggest the Tamron/Promaster/Pentax 28-105 as a general, all round lens. And it's cheap.
dansamy, thanks for the tips! It can't hurt to have more options.

Is the forum a good place to look for the used stuff, or is ebay/ elsewhere a better option?

03-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

I browse eBay. That's how I have ended up with so many little orphaned lenses from the film era. Keh.com is a good, reliable source. And of course, the Marketplace here.
03-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I browse eBay. That's how I have ended up with so many little orphaned lenses from the film era. Keh.com is a good, reliable source. And of course, the Marketplace here.
Good deal. I will have to do a little browsing each week to see if I can start scooping some of these gems up. Is the only functionality lost with these old film-era lenses the autofocus?

Here are a couple of photos from my first shooting adventure with the new camera! At the barn for the afternoon with the 50mm f1.8.