Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #1

Hi from Devon UK

I have just purchased a K5 Mk 11 having come from the excellent Canon GiX. I am in to long distance trekking and raise money for charity by undertaking long walks through Europe. You can get an idea what I'm on about if you visit my blog at WALKING THE CAMINO FROM PORTO TO SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA I have always carried my camera in a bum-bag when trekking for ease of use and I find I can also do this with the K5 11..

I am currently looking for a zoom to replace my kit lens and have been particularly impressed by the thread relating to the Pentax 18-135 and the photos contained within that thread. I am aware of the negative comments surrounding this lens but some of the photos posted are superb belying this negativity. The other option is the new Sigma 18-200 and I will await the reviews on this lens before making my decision.

For the last fifteen years, since retiring from my main employment, I have had a paying hobby as a freelance writer/photographed of travel articles and vehicle reviews/launches for a UK motorcaravan magazine, I am also a contributor to photo libraries.

I act as a volunteer ambassador for my local hospice and part of my duties involve taking photos at their events which they sell to raise funds. This was one of the reasons for upgrading to the K5 11 in that I find the controls intuitive and easy to use giving greater flexibility when at these events.

I live on Dartmoor in the UK and when not losing golf balls at my local club can be found meandering across the Tors with my faithful pooch Benny.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
03-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, feel I've known you a while already.
03-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... nice intro and hope to see more images soon ... Salut, J