Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2014, 03:21 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
Hi from Norway!

Hello! My name is Kenneth, Im new to Pentax. I am concert photographer, working mostly for Metal Hammer (printed magazine). I have always been a Nikon, but after heavy testing, and good dialogue with the guys behind Pentax, i signed an endorsement deal with Pentax. That makes me the only pro with Pentax..so far! In Norway that is. Have been travelling a lot around the world too, but never seen another Pentax pro at any concert or festival.

I didnt switch just because of a lot of free stuff, but i like the way Pentax is heading with the K-3, i like the thinking behind the brand and the ways they want to go. I hope and belive me and Pentax have just started a long time relationship

03-16-2014, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 25,684
Welcome to the forum and Welcome to the Pentax Family!
03-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
Original Poster
Thank you very much!
03-16-2014, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,669
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
That makes me the only pro with Pentax
Welcome to the forum, you are indeed a very rare animal, a Pentax endorsed photographer, good luck with that.

03-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, you are indeed a very rare animal, a Pentax endorsed photographer, good luck with that.
I like to go my own ways, and anything but mainstream hehe..i love my K-3's..so looking forward to road ahead! And thank you
03-16-2014, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #6
Senior Member
KRaZiGLiTcH's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 204
Welcome ^_^ can't wait to see some photos.
03-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KRaZiGLiTcH Quote
Welcome ^_^ can't wait to see some photos.
Thank you! Photos will come. Have some big jobs ahead..So exciting times to come.
03-18-2014, 05:09 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,382
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Kenneth ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J

03-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
TER-OR's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dundee, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,416
Welcome aboard, I'm sure we're all interested to hear your experiences.
03-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #10
Yos
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 533
Hi and welcome mate!
Good to hear you are enjoying your K-3!
Look forward to see your photos

Cheers Jos
03-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
Original Poster
Hi and thank you all Will come many pics in the time to come!
02-09-2015, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Pepe Guitarra's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,048
Pentax Professional

I was surprised to see a professional portrait photogarpher using Pentax at the City of Mission Viejo in California. I would have my portrait taken by him anytime, he is one of the most artistic photographers I have seen. Being a die-hard Pentax is good for self, but for Ricoh may not be enough. Ricoh needs to see enough buying power and decision to invest a lot of money on development of products. I came to Pentax originally because my first camera was the K1000, true symbol of photography in my college years. Many years later, I came to Pentax because the price was on of the lowest and I could use old lenses. However, do not underestimate the power of LBA (or GAS), which can make a perfect buyer of anyone. I know Leica does not have a problem with the pricing, because the more expensive, the more they sell, it is their brand already. Pentax in the other hand, moving from the cheapest/unexpensive brand to one that can be recognized is not easy. However, Pentax glass has always been well recognized. I understand one of the reasons for the low price of the Pentax products is the lack of advertisement. While other brands spend tons on adds in magazines, distributors, etc.. Pentax doe not. That is the reason I would start re-building the brand spending some in a marketing campaign that would focus on the quality, and the tradition (compatibility with past models similar to Leica). I will buy a FF camera from Pentax as soon as it comes out.
02-14-2015, 02:05 AM - 1 Like   #13
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 175
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Hello! My name is Kenneth, Im new to Pentax. I am concert photographer, working mostly for Metal Hammer (printed magazine). I have always been a Nikon, but after heavy testing, and good dialogue with the guys behind Pentax, i signed an endorsement deal with Pentax. That makes me the only pro with Pentax..so far! In Norway that is. Have been travelling a lot around the world too, but never seen another Pentax pro at any concert or festival.

I didnt switch just because of a lot of free stuff, but i like the way Pentax is heading with the K-3, i like the thinking behind the brand and the ways they want to go. I hope and belive me and Pentax have just started a long time relationship
Hi kenspo, there are many guys in the Pentax community who do gigs, weddings etc, but only very rarely as pros. I am sure you are aware of it by now. But not many of us have ever done so much for the brand as you have in the weeks leading to this year's announcements. This is not about leaking info, but the words of confidence and rational thinking that many folks here needed after having been taken on various hope trips in the past and some who lost faith started spreading bad wibe in the community.
For all of this we all should thank you

David
deluxe pictures | david sladek
02-14-2015, 03:45 AM   #14
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
I was surprised to see a professional portrait photogarpher using Pentax at the City of Mission Viejo in California. I would have my portrait taken by him anytime, he is one of the most artistic photographers I have seen. Being a die-hard Pentax is good for self, but for Ricoh may not be enough. Ricoh needs to see enough buying power and decision to invest a lot of money on development of products. I came to Pentax originally because my first camera was the K1000, true symbol of photography in my college years. Many years later, I came to Pentax because the price was on of the lowest and I could use old lenses. However, do not underestimate the power of LBA (or GAS), which can make a perfect buyer of anyone. I know Leica does not have a problem with the pricing, because the more expensive, the more they sell, it is their brand already. Pentax in the other hand, moving from the cheapest/unexpensive brand to one that can be recognized is not easy. However, Pentax glass has always been well recognized. I understand one of the reasons for the low price of the Pentax products is the lack of advertisement. While other brands spend tons on adds in magazines, distributors, etc.. Pentax doe not. That is the reason I would start re-building the brand spending some in a marketing campaign that would focus on the quality, and the tradition (compatibility with past models similar to Leica). I will buy a FF camera from Pentax as soon as it comes out.
Pentax will be seen more often in the future. This is just the beginning

---------- Post added 02-14-15 at 11:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
Hi kenspo, there are many guys in the Pentax community who do gigs, weddings etc, but only very rarely as pros. I am sure you are aware of it by now. But not many of us have ever done so much for the brand as you have in the weeks leading to this year's announcements. This is not about leaking info, but the words of confidence and rational thinking that many folks here needed after having been taken on various hope trips in the past and some who lost faith started spreading bad wibe in the community.
For all of this we all should thank you

David
deluxe pictures | david sladek
Thank you very much for the kind words David! I will continue do the same in the future too.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brand, community, concert, david, future, lot, pentax, words
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from Norway ArneTorp Welcomes and Introductions 5 07-19-2013 12:57 PM
Hi from Norway Nordlys Welcomes and Introductions 4 11-30-2012 02:50 AM
Hi from Norway mats-norway Welcomes and Introductions 4 07-10-2009 06:59 PM
HI, leikey1982 from Norway leikey1982 Welcomes and Introductions 5 11-16-2008 11:06 AM
Hi from Norway knut Welcomes and Introductions 4 07-09-2007 01:46 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top