Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #1

K3

What has happened to my camera... !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pentax K3 changed colour and light during a photo shoot. The only setting that now delivers natural colours is on Full Auto (Green mode).
Would appreciate advices please?
Cheers ... Colin Rayment.
[ATTACH]211585

Attached Images

03-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We need the exif information in order to help - otherwise we can only guess. Please upload the images separately with the EXIF information intact.

Should I guess: You have inadvertently changed one or more of the many settings that determines how the image is captured and processed.
03-17-2014, 05:59 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

this could be a metering issue - if you have multipoint focus and metering maybe it's picking different areas in the two photos.
03-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
That looks like the bleach bypass custom image setting.
Press the right button on the 4way pad and change it.

Regards,
--Anders.

03-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
Press the right button on the 4way pad and change it
I wonder if that fixed it?
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #6

Original Poster
Greetings back,
This colour change happened on every setting except Full Auto (green mode)
I have re-set the camera back to manufacturers settings and all is well at the moment.
Still would like to know how this happened and hopefully it won't hinder me again.
Cheers Colin Rayment
Would upload more photos but not letting me do so... as I have absolutely no idea what my URL is and just where to find it...!
03-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by colray Quote
Greetings back,
This colour change happened on every setting except Full Auto (green mode)
I have re-set the camera back to manufacturers settings and all is well at the moment.
Still would like to know how this happened and hopefully it won't hinder me again.
Cheers Colin Rayment
Would upload more photos but not letting me do so... as I have absolutely no idea what my URL is and just where to find it...!
It sounds like a change to the camera's white balance settings or accidental enabling of a weird digital filter/JPEG profile, such as Muted or Cross processing.

See "setting the white balance" on this page: Pentax K-3 Review - User Interface - PentaxForums.com
and "JPEG engine" on this page: Pentax K-3 Review - General Image Quality - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It sounds like a change to the camera's white balance settings or accidental enabling of a weird digital filter/JPEG profile, such as Muted or Cross processing.

See "setting the white balance" on this page: Pentax K-3 Review - User Interface - PentaxForums.com
and "JPEG engine" on this page: Pentax K-3 Review - General Image Quality - PentaxForums.com
Have already done so Adam and as I mentioned all looks pretty good at the moment.
I wear a camera harness, so maybe as I was getting camera out I managed to change something weird in the camera settings...!
Cheers ... Colin Rayment

03-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by colray Quote
Have already done so Adam and as I mentioned all looks pretty good at the moment.
I wear a camera harness, so maybe as I was getting camera out I managed to change something weird in the camera settings...!
Cheers ... Colin Rayment
Could very well be, since the 4-way controller controls those things and it's fairly easy to accidentally hit those buttons against something.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Thanks Adam, looks like my settings changed..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the JPEG Engine from Bright to Bleach Bypass.
I was up a tree photographing resin and must have bumped the toggle button. Not bad for an old fella...!
Cheers Colin Rayment
03-18-2014, 01:09 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good day mate and welcome to the forum
03-18-2014, 02:13 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, colray ... hope to see some more K-3 images soon ... Salut, J