Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #1

Hello from Peru. A little additional information

Hello, I'm a young fan (28 years old) of Pentax from Lima, Peru. I've been watching the forum in a little over a year. Incredible forum, lots of useful information. perhaps the best forum for photography in the world.

I dont know why, just felt a feeling with the brand and all its history. I've been collecting a lot of legacy cameras and objectives m42 recently.

Pentax has an official representative in Peru since 2012 and until short time ago their cameras were sold in the largest department store in the country (something like BestBuy in USA). The bad news is that the brand is no longer there, but keep selling in the largest online store of brand new products in Peru. Let's see how it comes with the time. In Peru there is a small, but fanatical, amount of pentax users, like in worlwide I think. Pentax is one of those small brands that continue fighting despite having been overtaken in terms of marketing and financial backing for others brands due to their vast number of users that had years before. I dont know how was the market share in the 60's, 70's and 80's in the world but in the antiques stores of Lima much of the used film cameras are Pentax (and Zenits, how you can imagine in a developing country). Was Pentax like the Rebels of that era?

I have Pentax users friends with whom we exchanged old and new lenses.. I'm waiting the succesor of the K30 to buy it, or wait some time the price drop of K3.

Here is a picture of parte of my Pentax collection.

Best regards friends!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON 1 J1  Photo 
03-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board with us.
03-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
I forgot to say: Now I have in Pentax digital the Pentax K30 and Pentax Q. That is the picture of part of my Pentax and M42 collection today, growing month a month . The most appreciated for me: the Pentax 645, Takumar 1.4/50 8 elements, SMC Pentax 2.5/135 and Zeiss Jenna MC 135mm and Pancolar 1.8 MC electric.
03-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Vemobydam Quote
Here is a picture of part of my Pentax collection
Welcome to the forum, I would say that's coming along nicely.

03-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, neat collection. Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your images.
03-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome.
Those are some admirable trophies you have there.
03-18-2014, 02:14 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Vemobydam ... nice intro & collection; hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
03-18-2014, 06:07 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! The K30 should let you get outdoors and take plenty of photos.

Nice collection, btw.

03-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #9
Ira
Inactive Account

Hola! Como estas! Da me cerviche!

Check out my signature below for my M42 lenses. My favorites are my Taks--35/2, 85/1.9, 50/1.4, and 55/1.8 (real sharp!). I also have a 105/2.8 that I never liked and gave to my son, but since he lives with me (he's only 17), I can always take it back. (HAH!)

Have you checked out any Russian Helios lenses yet? The old ones are mostly pre-set, AMAZING bokeh, and real inexpensive. Check out the Helios lens club here.

I LOVE shooting with these old lenses! I'm glad you do too!

(Mi esposa es Venezolana. Fui al pais 20 vezes. Entonces, puedo hablar un poquito espanol, pero no tan mucho. Y odio Chavez y Maduro.)
03-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Bienvenido a Pentax Forum.

It is nice to know that Pentax have some presence in Latin America.

Enjoy the reading. Very impresive colleccion of cameras and lenses.
03-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vemobydam Quote
Here is a picture of parte of my Pentax collection
I decided I dislike you. How DARE you have such a nice "part" of a collection!?!

But seriously now - welcome to the forum :-)
Looking forward to some nice pictures from South America!
03-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Hola! Como estas! Da me cerviche!

Check out my signature below for my M42 lenses. My favorites are my Taks--35/2, 85/1.9, 50/1.4, and 55/1.8 (real sharp!). I also have a 105/2.8 that I never liked and gave to my son, but since he lives with me (he's only 17), I can always take it back. (HAH!)

Have you checked out any Russian Helios lenses yet? The old ones are mostly pre-set, AMAZING bokeh, and real inexpensive. Check out the Helios lens club here.

I LOVE shooting with these old lenses! I'm glad you do too!

(Mi esposa es Venezolana. Fui al pais 20 vezes. Entonces, puedo hablar un poquito espanol, pero no tan mucho. Y odio Chavez y Maduro.)
Ira, te doy un ceviche y un buen pisco peruano, pero transformado en objetivos en mi siguiente foto =). I have almost all Helios 44, I'm missing the M39 and the 44-3. Soon I will post pictures taken with all of them!

QuoteOriginally posted by wullemaha Quote
I decided I dislike you. How DARE you have such a nice "part" of a collection!?!

But seriously now - welcome to the forum :-)
Looking forward to some nice pictures from South America!
Here a picture of all my lenses today. Some are coming in the next days. Soon I will post pictures taken with all of them! But before I will have to donate =)
Thanks to all of you who who have welcomed me!!!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON 1 J1  Photo 
03-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #13
Site Supporter

Aah ... I knew that you were a good person once you mentioned Helios ... I am still hunting many: a "7", a "5", a 39mm, etc ... here's an old snap; not shown = the "6", plus a few more 44-2's and a ton of Zenit bodies ... Salut, J