Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #1

Hi from France !

Hi,

I'm from France and a Pentax owner since my daughter's birth, 5 years ago on next June.
The K200D was my first DSLR, and was bought, after a long research, for the top quality/ budget allowed to the item searched, as I always do.
I was impressed by the equipment of an entry-mid range DSLR, like the K200D was: weather resistant, shoulder LCD, alloy chassis, etc...

I was very pleased by this Pentax, so, a few months ago, I decided to look for a more "in the air" DSLR.

I bought a K5 but after a few issues with the AF, I was not as satisfied of my bought as I was with the K200D 5 years ago.
I think that the Fine adjustment is just something annoying and don't understand why a higher end DSLR has to be adjusted at home after unpacking it, unlike a more entry level one doesn't (never had to do this adjustments on my K200D and all the optics has a perfect AF).
After spending some time on this adjustments, I get some better AF but not as accurate as on my K200D !

Meanwhile, I bought a K-01, and, even if the optical visor is missing on extra sunny shootings, that's all I have to say about the negative side of this extraordinary -and extra cheap nowadays !- DSLnR -as a member call it- . I'm in love with the K-01 and I'm thinking about selling back the K5 and get a K200D again (I prefer the CMOS RAW render on the K200D, less "digital" than on the K5, and the RAW's are lighter to work on them !), so I can have a perfect couple at home: sunny shots (visor) => K200D, low light shots (extra ISO of the 16 Mpix ExmoR) => K-01.

My wife doesn't understand why I want two "chunky" cameras, so I bought here a Pentax Q, who is, I have to say it, impressive !
And now, she understand even less because she has on her hands one of the most little hybrid on the market !

Voilą, this is my introduction at Pentax forum

yonaCCS

03-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your images.
03-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard.

It sounds like the K5 might need a focus adjustment. Sometimes things can be just a little "off." yeah, it shouldn't be, but that's what warranties are for.

And yeah - the Q is a nice little pocket-sized camera.
03-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, so you'd be the man to send all the wives that need confusing to.

You could end up with a Nobel prize for this service.