Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Mechelen, Belgium

I'm a retired direct marketeer and professional photographer. Occasionally I still have photo shoots especially for childrens' fashion.
I love photographing people. But I'm also interested in stills and landscapes.
For post processing I'm on CS6.
Besides regular Nikon D700 plus lenses equipment and studio gear I'm a collector of analog camera's, mostly 35mm but also some folders and midformat camera's. Most of my camera's are in good working condition, and I'm shooting regularly film.

03-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
Emperor and Senpai

Hi and welcome! The company I work for has a facility in Rumst, so right next door. I may be visiting it this year, and if I do are there any good places for photography near?
03-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Hi and welcome! The company I work for has a facility in Rumst, so right next door. I may be visiting it this year, and if I do are there any good places for photography near?
The area is famous for its historical brick factories. They even have a museum for it. Try Rumst tourism site. They also have the river Rupel which offers very nice landscapes. Good luck.
03-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by willmaes Quote
I'm a retired direct marketeer and professional photographer. Occasionally I still have photo shoots especially for childrens' fashion.
I love photographing people. But I'm also interested in stills and landscapes.
For post processing I'm on CS6.
Besides regular Nikon D700 plus lenses equipment and studio gear I'm a collector of analog camera's, mostly 35mm but also some folders and midformat camera's. Most of my camera's are in good working condition, and I'm shooting regularly film.
Hi Willy, and welcome to PF! I am privileged to have one of your neighbors as a good friend! We met through a Bassplayer's website, and I've wanted to visit Mechelen ever since!

I hope you enjoy your time here. There are tons of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful folks that hang out on the forums!

Griz

03-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, willmaes ... hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
03-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, do you have interesting older Pentax kit in your collection?
03-29-2014, 01:03 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
Hi Willy, and welcome to PF! I am privileged to have one of your neighbors as a good friend! We met through a Bassplayer's website, and I've wanted to visit Mechelen ever since!

I hope you enjoy your time here. There are tons of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful folks that hang out on the forums!

Griz
Hi, like you know somebody in the Mechelen area, I have a cousin in State College PA. His grandfather and my grandmother were brother and sister. A few years ago I visited your area.

---------- Post added 03-29-14 at 09:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, do you have interesting older Pentax kit in your collection?
Hi, I bought Pentax bodies because I had a few Takumar lenses without the camera. I was bidding on several ones at the same time but the result was nobody had a higher bid so I got, more or less accidentally 4 different bodies, 2 SPII, one SP1000 and a simple SP. Since I acquired also a nice Praktica FX3 with view glass and separate prism, where the same optics also fit. I just had a nice Tessar 2.8 and a Pancolar 50/2.8 adjusted and lubricated. I'm trying them out on film now.
03-29-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum

03-29-2014, 02:31 AM   #9

Original Poster
Salut toi aussi, I'm finding out how to upload pictures and you certainly will see a few.

---------- Post added 03-29-14 at 10:31 AM ----------

Thanks
03-29-2014, 06:10 AM   #10

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by willmaes Quote
Hi, like you know somebody in the Mechelen area, I have a cousin in State College PA. His grandfather and my grandmother were brother and sister. A few years ago I visited your area.
It's a small world indeed, and growing smaller every day! State College is only an hour away from my current hometown. The closest I've been to Belgium was a month long trip in the late '70's to Jever, Germany, courtesy of the USAF.

Griz