Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #1

Greetings from S.E. Michigan

I was introduced to photography as a very young kid with my Dad's Canon T90 and its need for a quarter to prop it up. He also had a BW darkroom in the basement. Unfortunately the computer age distracted me. Now, children later - I want to merge both and get back into film as I also look to aquiring a first dSLR.

I have decided on Pentax brand and am now looking for someone with a clean and working K1000 and help getting a BW developing lab going. I have 2 children also getting curious about film. Anyone with any old stuff that might help us get started?

Hope to meet other shutterbugs in my area and am looking to learning about astrophotography as well. I love the stars but point-n-shoots just dont cut it!

03-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check Craigslist! There are often photo lab gear for sale super cheap. I see enlargers etc. pop up now and then, plus full wet labs.
03-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, eBay may also turn out to be your friend too in the search for equipment as well as the marketplace here.

Interesting choice of forum name, you must be a whisky drinker, otherwise you would have been a Scotsman...
03-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Scotchman ... good luck and hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J

03-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

welcome to the forum looking forward to seeing your pictures
03-29-2014, 05:24 AM   #6

Original Poster
I hate whiskey ;-) and am Scottish if I go back far enough. Enough to wear a kilt in the summer, Slante!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Interesting choice of forum name, you must be a whisky drinker, otherwise you would have been a Scotsman...

---------- Post added 03-29-14 at 08:25 AM ----------

I'm french too on the other side. Glad to find a greta group and what I hope will be my favorite camera (when I get a Pentax). Au revoir Jean ;-)

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Scotchman ... good luck and hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J