Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2014, 02:25 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Spain

I have recently bought a pentax K5 thanks to the directions of a good friend that owns a k20. Here in Spain is not very common to see pentax cameras on standard shops.

I have to say that this is my first reflex ever and I couldn't be happier with it. I also have a compact canon G15 (very happy with this one too).

I hope to learn and discuss things with you all, and share macro photos and landscapes that are what I like the most.

Pd.: Sorry for my English, I like to be carefull when I write but obviously English is not my native language

04-04-2014, 02:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

welcome to the forum! looking forward to seeing your pictures
04-04-2014, 02:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! I, too, have a K-5 and am very happy with it, and it's wonderful for landscapes and macros.

I don't think Pentax is very common in shops anywhere here in Europe, but hopefully that will change as Ricoh is picking up pace with their marketing. Luckily it's quite easy to buy lenses from all over the world these days.

Don't worry about your English. We are plenty of members here having English as our second (or third, fourth...) language. Besides, it seems you have good command of the language anyway

Enjoy!
04-04-2014, 03:03 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks you all.

I have just posted two shots from Córdoba in the Travel section. More of them can be found in my flickr also.

04-04-2014, 04:19 AM   #5
PJ1
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums? Is Cordoba your home city? It is a great place. My wife included it in our holiday over there because she particularly wanted to see the cathedral. I look forward to seeing your pics. And your English is fine. Much better than my Spanish!
04-04-2014, 04:32 AM   #6

Original Poster
No. I am from Málaga, 150km away from Córdoba. With very good beaches

If you are coming to the south of Spain be sure to go at least to Granada (you should apply for reservations if you want to see The Alhambra), Córdoba, Sevilla and of course Málaga. They are marvelous places, with lots of things to view and take good shots!
04-05-2014, 01:55 AM   #7
PJ1
Site Supporter

We had a holiday in Spain a few years ago. Started off in the north with Altimira (we are both interested in prehistory, rock art etc). Then on to Foz Coa in Portugal. Then back to Spain - Madrid, Salamanca, Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada (my wife loves the Alhambra) and finished in Barcelona. fantastic holiday and we would love to go back one day. It would be hard to say what we liked best.
04-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, dariogf ... hope to see some K-5 images soon ... Salut, J

04-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by dariogf Quote
is not very common to see Pentax cameras on standard shops
Welcome here, that my friend is not just the case for Spain, it's pretty Worldwide occurrence.